[32]

Lexie's POV

"GET BACK HERE!" I scream, chasing Caitlin through the front door.

She heads in the direction of the living room and I speed up, my feet slapping on the ground as I run.

"You're so slow" Caitlin says, turning her head momentarily to look behind her. "It's really embarrassing that I'm winning. I mean, I got a 2/30 on my school running test".

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" I yell making her laugh and speed up as we enter the living room.

"What is going on?" My mom exclaims from her spot on the couch, as I chase Caitlin around it.

I don't respond because I'm too busy making sure that I don't pass out, but Caitlin grins at her. "Lexie's being mean."

I glare at the back of her head as we continue going round and round in circles. "Don't listen to her, mom. She's lying."

I finally come close enough to Caitlin to reach out and grab a fistful off her shirt that's flowing behind her. When I do, Caitlin tumbles down and I follow, landing with a thud on the hard floor.

"Ouch" I groan, laying there a moment because I'm too lazy to move.

"What in the world is going on?" My mom exclaims angrily as her face appears, peering down at the both of us on the floor.

"Lexie just needed a little help telling her crush how she feels" Caitlin responds.

I turn my head to glare at her. "I'm so going to kill you" I hiss.

"LEXIE AND CAITLIN" my mom yells making us look at her in shock. "You are both older then 16 years old, control yourselves."

"Yes mom" Caitlin mutters quickly standing up. I smirk to myself. Even at almost twenty years old she still does everything mom tells her to.

I cough quickly. "Loser."

She glares at me but doesn't respond because our mom beats her to it. "Lexie!" Mom exclaims, "what has gotten into you? I raised you better then to disrespect your sister."

Caitlin smirks at me.

"She had it coming!" I exclaim, scrambling to my feet with wide eyes. "She deserves it, mom!"

"What could she possibly have done to warrant such a reaction from you?" She asks continuing to glare at me.

If I know my mom as well as I think I do, then I know that she always takes Caitlin's side when we're arguing. I would say that she likes Caitlin more, but it's probably only because I'm a better liar then Caitlin and I do it often.

I dig my phone out of my pocket, open my phone and then the text message, handing it to her.

My mom quickly scans it and looks up at me confused. "What's the big deal, Lexie? It's just a simple text message."

"Look what she wrote mom!" I whine pointing my finger at the screen. "He's never going to talk to me again, and it's all because she doesn't understand the concept of a filter."

"Who?"

Who the hell does she think I'm talking about? Maybe the person who the message was sent to, who she can easily see the name of at the top of the screen?

"Cameron" Caitlin answers for me, "her lover."

"I'm seriously going to kill you" I scowl at her. "Watch."

"Who's Cameron?" My moms raises an eyebrow at me, "do you have a boyfriend that I don't know about?"

"He's just a friend, mom."