Breaking through

Update 2018: HEYYO MAYO PEOPLE! SO BEFORE YOU START THIS SORRY EXCUSE FOR A STORY, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THIS IS SUPER CRINGEY LIKE, AS IN. I HATE THIS BOOK BUUT, THIS IS THE FIRST CARL X READER (or carl x oc) BUT YEAH, I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU NOT TO READ THIS, BUT IF YOU DO, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

OH AND BTW, I HAVE ANOTHER CARL X READER FANFIC WHICH IS SOOO MUCH BETTER END LESS CLICHÉ THAN THIS ONE

Book 1: Messed Up
Book 2: Faded

Faded is currently on going so yeah, that's it!

-j

Your name would be Annica
You have an older brother Jake and a younger sister named Zoey...

Annica's POV:
Me, my brother, my sister and my mom and dad were having dinner in one crazy night. I have my bow and arrow at my back, mom and dad's rifle are beside them, my sister's pistol is at her pocket and she has a knife too, my brother has his sword on his back and a pistol on his backpocket. Instead of using the lights, we use candles and we shut our blinds and blocked the doors so that the walkers wouldn't see us.
"We're running out of food" my dad breaks the silence
"Yeah, and our defense is getting weaker and weaker too... We should find a place safer" I said while munching on my sandwich.
"Annica's right... By tomorrow morning we all find a place, we'll sneek through the garage" My mom said
"You kids better go rest, your mom and I will guard" My dad said and we all nodded and headed upstairs.

--------TIME SKIP--------
We all woke up at around 6:30 in the morning. We didn't ate breakfast anymore coz we're in such a hurry. We all got our bags and sneek through the garage, luckily there were only two walkers. My dad stabbed the walker's head and my mom stabbed the other.
"C'mon kids" My dad signalled us to go inside. We all went inside.. First zoey then me then jake. My mom was about to get in the car when a walker popped out of nowhere and bit her arm... My mom screamed and stabbed the walker's head. Unfortunately my mom's scream attracted walkers which came to us. My dad went out the car and he tried reaching for my mom but the walker bit him in the arm. Jake acted fast and went to the driver's seat. We locked our doors and Zoey covered her face while she was crying.
"Mom..." She said while sobbing... I cried too and I didn't realized that the walker was banging my window...
"We need to go NOW!" Jake said and started the engine
"But what about mom and dad?" I said while tears fell on my cheek.
"There is no mom and dad anymore!" I nodded and zoey hugged me... I hug her back and we started the engine. We ran of walkers and turned to the right side of the road... I was looking out the window while my tears are streaming on my face. Zoey cried loudly causing jake to be angry.
"ZOEY SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" He said
"Jake stop!" I said
"You're the reason why mom and dad is dead! You didn't do anything but to stare at them! You didn't even try to save them!" I continued while tears went down my face "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!" I shouted at him
"SHUT UP ANNICA! If I went out there I would die and you will be left alone... I can't do that!" He said "I can't lose you both" he continued. I just looked at the window again and started to wipe away my tears. We passed a convinience store and went inside. We aimed our guns in case of any walkers, luckily there were no walkers or anyone. We stuffed food, clothes, medicine in our bags and then went to the car. Then we go on. While driving, we noticed a sign that says "alexandria"
"We should go there" I said to jake
"Its probably abandoned" he replied
"We should atleast try" he nodded and we turned to our right. Moments of driving, we finally reached that 'alexandria' place. We stopped infront of the gate and we went outside.
"Hold it right there!" A girl with a short hair told us and was aiming at us. We raised our hands.
"Who are you?" She asked
"I-I'm jake... These are my sisters zoey and annica"
"What are you doing here?"
"We saw the sign and we wondered if we could stay here" I said while my head is down.
"Rick!" She said and a guy climbed her station and asked her
"Who are they?" Rick asked
"The boy over there is jake and the two girls are Annica and Zoey... They asked if they could stay here for awhile." She explained
"You! Girl! The one who has her head bowed down" I looked up at him with confussion
"Yeah?" I asked
"Ya'll can stay here. But you've got to hand your weapons to us first so that we'll be sure" rick said. We all nodded and they opened the gate. We get inside our car and we drive inside.
"Weapons, now" he said. We gave him all our weapons including my bow and arrow.
"You stay here" rick said and called somebody
"Carl!" Then a boy about my age with a long curly locks and a sheriff's hat came to us.
"Show them their house. Near jessie's place. Got it?" He nodded and we got out the car and he lead us to our so-called-house. Me and carl were ahead of Jake and Zoey.
"I-I'm sorry I didn't get your name" I said. He looked at me and smiled
"I'm carl. What's your name?"
"I'm Annica, that's jake and zoey" I pointed out. Then he nodded.
"How may walkers have you killed?"
"A lot. Many? Several?" I said. He nodded.
"How many people have you killed?" He asked and I looked at jake.
"T-two" I said
"She didn't" jake protected
"That's not the point!"
"I did... I killed our mom and dad" he took the blame and we all were silent til we reach out new home.
"There you go" he said
"Thanks" we all said to carl
"Okay, now if you need anything, just tell me or my dad"
I nodded and say "Yeah, okay"
"We're gonna introduce you to the others after you unpack your things" he said and I nodded and we went inside. There were two rooms. Ofcourse. Me and Zoey had to share the room and Jake has his own... I know, Unfair right? Haha just kidding.
When we got to our rooms, we started unpacking our stuff... Once that's done, I gave zoey a doll that I found earlier at the store.
"Hey"
"Hi" she said and smiled then I gave her the doll.
"Hey! You don't have to!" She said while laughing
"I insist! And its been awhile since the last time I saw you holding a doll so take it"
"Annica, I'm 14 years old"
"And I'm a hell of a 16 years old. That young face won't last forever and besides, you're still a kid so take it" she smiled and took it
"Thanks. " she said and i nodded
"Okay.... Well I'm gonna go get some shower first. I stink, and you should too" I laughed and she laughed too. She nodded and say "yes. I'll catch up, just go take a shower, you smell worse than a walker" She kidded.
"You're so mean" we laughed and I went to the bathroom and took a shower. After that, I went to our room and got changed into a red checkered sleeves and a white sando inside it. (The sleeves were opened) I wore a ripped jeans that I found at the store earlier. I combed my hair... A little then I went outside. I walked around alexandria and I saw a girl about my age hug a guy with a beanie. And I saw carl pulling a trolley while looking at them but he looked away when the girl looked at him. And I went to him.
"Hey carl" I said
"Oh, hi Annica!" he smirked
"What're you doing here?" He continued
"Oh! I'm just wondering if you've seen my bow and arrow and my siblings' weapons"
"Well, come with me" then we walked.
"Maggie" he called the girl that I talked to earlier. "Where's dad?"
"They all did the plan" he nodded and went to a house. I followed him.
"Your sister?" I asked. He nodded "this is judith" he said
"Hi judith!" I waved at her and she smiled at me. I smiled at her too. Then I hear gunshots from outside. I wanted to go because my sister might be in danger. But carl grabbed my hand.
"No! You might get killed out there" he said
"B-but my sister!"
"She'll be alright!" I nodded and he gave me a pistol. Moments later, we hear the doorknob trying to open. Then it opened and we saw the girl from earlier.
"How'd you get in?" Carl asked
"I have these" she showed the keys.
"Stay here, I'll keep you safe" he said
"I just came to say goodbye" she said
"You're going out the walls?" I asked her. She nodded.
"Its dangerous out there. There are walkers and people who kill other people!" I continued
"Its not your choice!" She said
"Hey! Break it of you two!" Carl said stopping us.
"Who's she anyways?" The girl asked
"I'm Annica" I said
"Enid" she said and walked through the living room. I sat on the couch and enid sat on the other, Carl was guarding on the window. Then he ran out the house I followed him and I saw him shoot a guy in the leg. The guy begged not to kill him but then the guy grabbed his weapon. I aimed my pistol but then he shot the guy. Then he helped the boy up but then another guy was about to stab him.
"CARL!!" I shouted and he looked back and I shot the guy in his head. I ran up to him
"You okay?" I asked
"Yeah... Thanks" he said and I helped him up.
"You better go inside, I'll keep you safe" he said to the boy then he looked to enid and stood up.
"No" the boy said
"Ron!" And he walked away.
"Carl lets go!" I said and we went back inside.
"What's his problem?" I asked
"Me" Enid say and we looked at her curiously. Then I heard my sister shouting my name.
"ANNICA!!! ANNICA!!!" She shouted.
"Zoey? ZOEY!!" I shouted and tried to get out but then carl grabbed my waist.
"Let me go!" I struggled
"No! You might get hurt"
"I'll be fine! I just need to get my sister!" I said and I got out of his grip and ran to the door. I can tell that he followed me because I heard his footsteps. When I got out, I saw a man was about to stab my sister and my sister pointed a gun at him and I pulled the trigger causing the man to get shot in his head. I ran to her but another man pushed me down and was about to stab me but then he fell down. And I saw carl was standing, he stretched his hand for me to grab on. I took it and he stood me up and I ran to my sister. I cupped her face and she hugged me.
"Don't ever do that again" I said while tears are flooding my eyes
"C'mon, more will come" carl said and I stood up but I hear my sister howled in pain.
"Zoey!" I shouted as she fall down. And I saw a slice on her foot.
"Oh God, what happened?"
"The guy tried to chop it of me" then I helped her up, I put her arm around my shoulder and carl helped me and put Zoey's arm around his neck. Then we went back to the house. I noticed that Enid was gone.
"Where's Enid?" I asked
"ENID!!!" Carl shouted and searched everywhere then we found a note at the door it says: 'Just Survive, Somehow' i looked at carl and he looked at me.
"She left?" He nodded
"B-but there are still people there! We have to save her!" I was about to put my sister on the sofa but then he grabbed my hand.
"Let her be" he said
"She could die out there"
He shook his head and looked at me again.
"She won't" he said and I nodded and we fixed Zoey's foot.