Freak-Flapping Wolves

Annica's POV:
We're still at the house. I was taking care of my sister while Carl is taking care of Judith. I walked up to him and I sat beside him.
"Hey, thanks for saving me back there" I thanked him and he smiled at me.
"I just returned the favor. You save me, I save you" he smirked
I smiled at him and we stared at each other for awhile. Then the silence broke when carol went inside.
"Kids!" Carol said
"Here" carol gave me my bow and arrow and she gave Zoey's pistol too. Then someone came... Its Jake!
"Jake!" I ran up to him and I hug him really tight
"I'm glad you're okay" he said
"What're you doing here?" I asked
"I went to find Zoey... But it looks like you found her first" he said but he is frowning.
"What's wrong?" I asked
"I-I got bit"
"WHAT???!!!" We all shouted in unison
"Lemme see" Carl said and Jake rolled up his sleeves and we saw a bite. I bursted to tears and I fell down on my knees. Carl held my shoulders and I covered my mouth.
"We have to cut it off" Carol said.
"W-What? C-cut it off? Cut it off? WHAT DO YOU MEAN CUT IT OFF?" I said freaking out "What does she mean cut it off?"I asked freaking out while looking into carl's eyes
"She means, cut her arm of so that he wouldn't get infected" Carl explained
"Shit... I'm not ready for this" Jake said and I looked at him angrily.
"If you're not ready for this, then why the hell did you come out of the house Shithead!" I said angrily while tears streaming down my face.
"I told you! I was looking for Zoey!" He explained then he ran out of the house
"JAKE!!!" We all said in unison and chased after him but even before we could get him, he jumped off the fence. I was about to get up the fence but carl grabbed my waist and pulled me down
"Annica stop! He's not worth it!" He said
"Not worth it? He's my hell-of-a-damn brother!" I said while crying. He hugged me tight. And I turned to carl and I said
"We-we have to find him!" I said while crying. He nodded and continued hugging me. I hugged him back
"I promise, we will find him by tomorrow" he said and I pulled out of the hug and went back to carl's house.
"C'mon zoey, lets go home" I said and I carried zoey by my back.
"You need help?" Carl asked. I shook my head
"No, I got it" I said and walked out the door.

Once we reached our house, I lay Zoey on her bed and I kissed her forehead.
"Goodnight babygirl" I said and she smiles
"Thank you Annica" she smiles at me and hugs me. I hug her back
"We're gonna go find jake tommorow I promise. Just don't leave this house. Okay?"
"Okay" she said and I went to my bed that was two feet apart from hers. Then I turned off the lamp.

--------TIME SKIP--------

I woke up as the sun rays touched my face and I slowly get up my bed, I saw Zoey still sleeping so I headed downstairs without waking her up. When I got downstairs, I saw Carl sleeping at our couch. I smiled a little and walked up to him and I sat at the very edge of the couch. I shook his sleeping body but still no response
"Hey! Mr. Grimes, time to wake up now" I said as I cornered him with both of my hands at his shoulders, then all of a sudden, he grabs my arms and pulled me into a hug. Then he opened his eyes. I tried not to blush so I quickly get off him.
"C'mon get up! We have to take maggie's place. Its our turn to guard" I said while my hair is covering my face and I went to the door. I opened it and that's where I blush madly. Do I like him? I thought to myself. Then suddenly the door behind me opened and I turned around and I saw carl. I smiled at him and he smiled back.
"Thank heavens you're awake" I kidded
"Yeah..." He said
"Why'd you sleep here?" I asked him
"I just wanted to guard you and your sister." He said and I nodded
"Well, lets go to maggie's place and guard" I suggested and we walked all the way there.

While walking, I saw a walker with a leather jacket and a blue t-shirt that looked exactly like Jake's. Everything just went in slow motion and I barely hear Carl shouting at me. The walker or should I say 'Jake' almost bit me at my arm, but then carl pushed him and stabbed his head.
"NO!!" I cried and pushed carl away from jake's dead body.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know it was jake" he explained
"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!" I shouted at him and I begin to tackle him down and tried punching his face but he's stronger that me. He was holding my arms and I begin to cry harder. Finally, I punched his face real hard but then, daryl grabbed me and I got off carl.
"ANNICA! STOP!" Daryl commanded.
"I-I'm sorry" carl said with his head down. I can see his bruise near his mouth but I still had the guts to not pity him.
"Your sorry wouldn't bring my brother back to life" I said coldy and I got off daryl's grip and walked away.

Carl's POV:
Annica walked away madly and daryl looked at me.
"What was that about?" Daryl asked.
"J-Jake, her brother. Her brother turned into a walker. I have to kill it! I have to save her" I explained.
"You killed, her brother?" He asked. I nodded and he saw the bruise near my mouth. "Woah, she did that?" He asked looking at my bruise. I nodded and he laughed "Haha! You got beaten by a girl, what a shame carl, what a shame" I shook my head and I stood up. And I walked my way to maggie's place.

When I got there, I saw maggie hugging Annica. Then annica looks at me and runs away. I walked up to maggie.
"What'd she say?" I asked
"She said that--" she was cut off because a person shouted and we saw people. A group running all around, killing others.
"Ohh... Them again" I said.
"Annica... Annica!" I said and run to the direction she went. I passed three wolves and I shot them all in the head. When I got there, I saw a guy trying to rape annica, but annica was trying to punch him.
"Stop!" The guy commanded her. But annica kept on struggling, I ran towards her and The guy was about to kiss her but then I shot his head. I ran over to annica and stood her up.
"You okay?" She looks at me and just gave a nod.
"C'mon" I said while grabbing her arm.
"No! Zoey might be in danger!" She said. I nodded and say
"Okay, I'll just check on judith and we'll go to your sister" she nodded and I went inside. I saw judith in a deep sleep and I locked her bedroom door. I heard gunshots from the outside causing me to ran outside, when I got there, I saw Annica crying and I walked closer to her and I saw 5 people infront of her... Dead.
"Hey, c'mon" she just looks at me and nodded. Then we ran to her house. We shot wolves at their heads and I decided to look at her, I saw her hair touching her cheeks because of the wind. Everything just went in slow motion but then She looks at me and shouted
"CARL! WATCH OUT!" She said and she shoots the guy behind me.
"Are you okay?" She asked. I responded with a nod and she checked her gun if it still has some bullets.
"Shit... I'm outta shells" she said and puts her gun behind her pocket.
"C'mon lets just go" I said and she grabs her bow from her back and aimed an arrow. We kept on running and killing people on our way. But when we got to her house, we saw Zoey being hostaged by a man.
"Well, well, well, if it isn't Annica" the guy said
"Who are you?" I asked and pointed the gun at him.
"Carl, no" She said
"Surrender me your weapons" he said and Annica walks closer to the guy. The guy threatened to kill zoey and zoey trembled.
"Don't! Please!" Annica begged. But then I couldn't help it, I shot him in his head and he collapsed. Then zoey ran to her arms.
"Annica!" Zoey said crying
"Zoey!" Annica said crying as well.
"C'mon lets get inside" I said and we all went inside their house. We all sat down. At the living room.
"When will this ever end?" Annica asked sadly. I tried to approach her and give her comfort but she's still mad at me.
"Don't touch me!" She said and stood up and walked upstairs.
"What just happened?" Zoey asked.
"I-I uhhh... I killed jake"
"You killed what?!" Zoey asked shocked.
"I killed him because he was going to bite Annica! And won't let that happen. I saved her"
"He's a walker?" Zoey asked and I just nod.
"She just needs some time... It'll pass, I swear" she continued.
"Okay..."