It was nothing

Annica's POV:
I was drinking some punch at the couch still thinking about that mistletoe incident then suddenly someone sits next to me. I expect that someone to be Carl but I was wrong. This time it was Ron. I smiled at him and he smiled back.
"Hi" He said with a smile
"Hey" I smiled back still holding the punch
"You look beautiful tonight" he said. I gave him a smirk and looked at my punch again
"Yeah... But that's only for today" I said
"You still look beautiful even for tomorrow, you'll always be beautiful" he said. I giggled and punched him playfully at his shoulder.
"Stop flirting with me!" I kidded and he laughed.
"Well, I'm sorry if you felt that way..." He said and laughed.
"So.... About that mistletoe thing" he continued looking at me.
"Nah, we're just friends and it was a tradition, so.... I had to do it even if it is against my will" I laughed
"Haha... I feel you" He laughed. We both stared at each other romantically. But then I felt someone watching me. I turned around to see Carl with his arms crossed knowing that he's mad at me. He walked away and I stood up to follow him.
"Hey, sorry... I gotta go" I said to Ron
"Yeah okay" He nodded and I ran to catch up with carl.
"Carl!... Carl!... Hey Carl!" I yelled running to catch him but he didn't hear me. "Ca-- Mmph!" I was cutted of coz I tripped on a rock causing me to fall down leaving a scar on my knee. Carl saw me fall down and he ran to me.
"Annica!" He yelled running to me.
"Owww..." I whined while holding my knee.
"Are you okay?" He asked concerned about me.
"What if you were the one to fall and tripped on a rock? Would you be okay?" I asked sarcastically. He shook his head and carried me bridal style.
"You know I only had a scar and I could walk." I explained and he looked at me with confussion
"What's up with you and Ron back there?" He asked.
"We were just talking" I answered
"So... You're saying, that flirting is the new way of saying that you were just talking?" He said as if he was my boyfriend
"Carl... We were really just talking! We were not flirting. And so what if I am flirting with him? Who are you to judge? You're not my boyfriend, you're just my friend" he said and he lets me down.
"What about the kiss? What about the stuff that you said to me earlier"
"What stuff?" I asked
"You know... The thing that you said that you wanted me to kiss you and you've been ignoring your gut and everything"
"Oh that? It was nothing! I didn't mean it, those words just came out of my mouth on pupose" I said
"Well if you didn't meant what you said, I did. I love you annica!" He said
"And I don't" I lied while slightly crying.
"W-What? W-Why? Why can't you teach yourself?" He asked slightly crying.
"Because everyone I love dies. And I don't want you to die." I said while tears streamed down my face.
"I-I can't lose you too" I said controlling my emotions but fail. He walked close to me and he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back and I let my tears fall on his shoulders.
"I'm scared Carl... I act tough but the real reason I do that is... That I don't want anyone to think that I'm weak. I don't want my sister to think I'm weak, so I have to fight. I have to be strong for her. But the truth  is, I'm terrified of dying. I'm terrified of losing her... Of losing you... So I-I can't love you" I said pulling away and I ran far away from him.

I went to the station where Maggie usually guards and I sat beside the ladder. Carl went up and sat beside me.
"I understand that... You don't want me to be your boyfriend. I understand that you don't want to fall inlove. But, can you please let me love you? You don't have to love me back. You just have to let me love you, let me protect you." He said while holding my hand.
"You don't have to... I can protect myself, Stop Protecting Me." I said coldly but then again, he hugged me even after all the awful things I said. I hugged him back and I cried on his shoulders.
"Why do you always ignore the things I say to you?" I said while sniffing. I chuckled and pulled away.
"Look, I don't care what you say. Call me an idiot? Fine! Call me a dork? Fine! Call me a loser? Fine! You can call me any awful words that came out of your mouth, I will never stop loving you" He said.
I smiled at him "Carl... I think--" I was cut of because Zoey called me.
"Annica! Maggie's looking for you two! She has something to announce" She said. I nodded and went down to catch up with her. Carl went down too and he catched up with me.
"Hey, what were you gonna say back there?" He asked.
"N-Nothing. Forget about it" I said and I kept on walking.