Chapter 19: What You're Missing

A/N: This is just a short a/n, if you're getting a bit annoyed about how effin slow my updates are here I suggest you check out my other books while waiting. Thank you and you may now continue reading this chapter.

----/----/----/----

Chapter 19: What You're Missing

Elsa

"So, did you see Aubry at the party?" Macy asked before chomping on her sandwich. I shrugged and shook my head no. "Oh, so what did you do when I was gone?" She asked.

"Sat on a corner" -truth- "ate a lot of chocolate covered marshmallows and berries" -truth- "then went home when the room started to get wild." -lie-

Macy rolled her eyes. "Typical Elsa." I just laughed before opening the book on my hands. It was one of the works of John Green, Looking for Alaska. I really loved the plot and it wasn't like those cliche love stories that you often read about. I'm already halfway through the book, which is the after part of it.

"Wait, you went there?" I heard Aubry asked. "Well, duh." Macy answered as Anna watch the two awkwardly. "Too bad Anna, you were the only one that didn't go." Macy added with a laugh.

"Aish." Anna crossed her arms while glaring at us. "It's not my fault my parents are strict." She argued before shoving her face on her arms that was on the table. We all laughed, this time looking up to her.

But instead of landing my eyes on the now very red Anna, it landed on the one and only Jack Frost who was entering the cafeteria with a giant smirk on his face, laughing loudly as the guys beside him make a not so funny joke. For a millisecond our eyes met, his smirk not disappearing. Then turned away as the person beside him talked.

"So, do you guys wanna go back to the room? I forgot about the recitation on English." Aubry asked. Macy looked at her wide-eyed before setting her phone down. "What?! There's a recitation?!" We all just shrugged and shook our heads yes. And after that we went straight to the home room.

And being me, instead of grabbing a study book and review the lesson we were having a recitation on, I kept reading the novel I was reading earlier. Sometimes I wonder, they review and I don't, and yet I get higher grades than them.

The three sat on Macy and Aubry's Line on the first row which had three chairs. I just sat on my proper seat still reading.

Out of nowhere a boy sat beside me, his loud voice deafening my ears. Did he seriously went here so he'll have a reason to shout at the person he's talking to? I furrowed my eyebrows and moved the book closer to my face, my hair covering dome of the words on the pages.

"Hey, what's that?" His pale hand hovered on the page to move some of my hair that covered the page. "Good book?" He smirked, I just groaned quickly as I heard his friends laughing at the back. I just ignored him and continued reading.

"Snob." Jack crossed his arms still looking at the book. I raised my eyebrow at him as he just looked at me and then again continued reading.

"Hey Elsa." Anna called out of nowhere making my head shot back to where she was, and also the guy beside me. I raised my eyebrow while she just said nothing with her hands waving. I just rolled my eyes and continued reading once more, hoping to not get bothered again.

And just as I was getting to the good part - "Hey you read pretty good without glasses." I heard Jack say, I just nodded since I'm already done talking. "Didn't you have reading glasses?" He began talking. Again. I just gave him another nod before getting back to my book. "Why aren't you using them then?" He asked. Geez, this guy won't stop talking. Before he'd talk less but now he won't stop. I just shrugged, shoving my book closer to my face.

I could sense another sentence about to come out of Jack's mouth but he got cut off. "Excuse me!" Yvette, my seatmate, yelled before pushing Jack off her seat to grab a book of hers and leaving after. I sighed mentally because no one was here to no interrupt my reading again. But then mentally groaned after realizing he was still there.

"Hey. Elsa." He whispered. I just raised my eyebrow at him for an answer because I am seriously not in the mood to talk. "About" - sigh - "about that night at the party." He said stopping, I kept my eyebrow raised as he kept hesitating whether to talk or not.

"Well, I was thinking - wondering, if you wanted to talk about it?" He asked in a very unsure tone. "What?" I furrowed my eyebrows as he made a face.

"You know, I just wanted to know if you still want that deal we did that I'll teach you how to-" before he could finish his sentence Tadashi, the new student (quite a gadget nerd) who happens to sit behind me, walked in making Jack stare at him. "Compute this formula in geometry, so if you still want me to teach you I'd be glad to tutor you. Just meet me at the gates after class. Okay?" He continued which made me furrow my eyebrows once more.

1) what deal is he talking about? 2) why the heck would I ask him to teach me geometry? It's the subject I excel at, if anything I should be the one who should tutor him on that. And 3) what is this guy planning?

I stared at him, eyebrows still raised, as he went to his proper seat which was more than five seats away from mine, but that because he's not on the same row and line with me.

Anna was about to go sit to the chair beside me when suddenly all our classmates began running in (well, not literal running though) which, in this class, is a sign that our teacher's on their way to this room. They all went to their proper seats, not quietly but not also that loud, let's just say 50:50. Or maybe 60:40 which is 60% noisy and 40% quiet.

The teacher went in, greeted us and we greeted her too and the class started.

-time skip-

Walking home, I was suddenly greeted by a guy on his motorcycle. Standing there on our gates, playing with his keys as his eyes wandered to our house. And when his eyes landed on me he smirked.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I got closer to our gate, where Jack was standing. He just gave me a cheeky smile that made me roll my eyes.

"You know, I thought you go home early." He changed the subject.

"Now I have proven you wrong." I said passing him to enter the gates. Before I could go to our front door he finally spoke up.

"I'm here to talk to you." He said making me look at him. "Okay? Well, now you're talking to me." I said showing my necklace that had the key to the house.

"I mean about what happened at the party." He entered the gates without permission. I raised my eyebrow once more.

"Oh. What about it?" I asked. He was about to speak but I cut him off. "Id it gonna be long? Cause if it will be we might as well talk about it inside. I still need to put my bag down." I said. He just shrugged. I'll take that as a yes.

I let him come in right after I opened the door. I threw my bag at the couch before sitting. And as he sat down at the opposite side of the couch I began talking. "Okay. So, what was that thing you wanted to talk about?" I asked making him smile.

"You know, me teaching you-" before he could even finish his sentence I already reacted. "Wait, you're not serious about tutoring me right? I obv-"

"No, not that geometry thing, you're already good at geometry." He said. "I'm talking about what we talked about that night."

After a while of thinking I finally recalled what it was. "Wait, were you serious about that? I thought it was just a joke to make me stop whining." I asked nervously.

"What? No! I'm dead serious about it. All I needed to know is if you are too." His eyes looked directly at mine making me a bit nervous.

"How exactly are you gonna teach me how to live and learn? Isn't that supposed to be a natural thing? You do something stupid, then karma will strike. Live and learn." I said.

He just laughed. "Lesson number one Elsa. Believe." He moved a bit closer to my seat with a smirk. "Just believe and I'll make you see just what you're missing."

Slouching on the couch I heard him mutter. "I'm what you're missing girl."