Part XXIX

Nara's :

It's almost 11AM. I haven't seen him in class. The first period already finished. I look through my phone to look for anything..

But there's nothing from him.

"Nara-yah!", my body jumps in surprise. The phone almost slipped away from my hand.

"What is it?", I mouthed to Haru who is sitting next to me.

"What are you doing? The-".

We were interrupted by a giant figure standing between us.

"Yes, girls, can I help you with anything?", Mr. Moon Jaehwan, our Korean Literature teacher eyes both of us. Both of us shake our head. "No? Then will you excuse me, I'll have this". And he confiscated my phone.

I will curse you for a lifetime misery, sir.

"After school, Nara-sshi. You know where to go". The other classmates are focusing at him before me. With extra mock and eerie look. My body went cold and I remorsely hide my face in between my arms on the table.

"I'm very sorry, Nara. I should've told you it's Mr. Moon's-". Haru whispers to me, but still can be heard from my place. I held up my hand to her; signaling that I heard her and now I don't want to talk about it.

-----

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay here and wait for you?", Haru asks me.

"It's okay, I'm fine on my own. You should hurry if you want to catch the next train, you know". I assure her. So she bid me goodbye and telling me to take care or some sort then she heads back home. I am thankful to have a thoughtful friend like her, though.

I glanced around the now empty class and my attention fell to another seat on my right. He didn't come at all today. I sigh silently and I left my bag in the class before I went to the staff's room. It's almost 6PM and luckily when I got there, all the teachers and other staffs had just finished their meeting. I don't want to wait any longer. It's damn scary to walk on my own in the dark.

When I walked into the office, I bowed few times for all the teachers that passed by me and heading home. Then I saw Mr. Moon at his cubicle, rearranging his stuffs and tidying up his table. He saw me and asked me to wait for a couple of minutes before he went to the pantry to clean his mug.

I look at his table. My phone's not anywhere at all. I also saw a couple of pictures of him and his family..and girlfriend I guess. Just whenbI was about to focus on the woman's face even closer, Mr. Moon came back and it made me startled a bit.

"Beautiful isn't she?", he smiled at me.

"Y- yeah, she is", I replied bluntly.

"I don't know if it was a fortune or a pity to have her as my sister", he chuckles as he saw my reaction.

"O- oh? I thought she-".

"I get that a lot, it's okay", he sits back on his chair and inserts a key to his drawer and unlocked it.

"Means your single then?". Wait, what?

Mr. Moon looks at me in the eyes and gave me a smile that hides a thousand and one meanings.

"Yes, I am". He takes out my phone from his drawer  and handing it to me. But he hesitated at first. "Here you go. But promise me, you won't use it in class again, okay? I've told you before; no phones in my class". He reminds me.