Part XLV

Nara's :

"Camping?", my eomma asks.

"Yes, eomma".

"Only two of you?". I nod. "Are you sure?".

"Don't worry, we'll be fine. It wasn't that far either".

"That's what you said", she shakes her head.

"Please, eomma? I promise, I'll be fine".

"It's not that I don't want to let you, but Nara, I'm worried about you. After that thing happened that night- you know how scared I am to let you by yourself after that", she brushes her thumbs on my cheeks, I caress her hands softly. Looking at my eomma's face, my heart shatters, my eyes welling up with tears. Although I'm on therapy these days, but still, I myself not sure about it. My doctor advised me to be more calm yet alert at the same time. I sigh, I was about to call someone before I heard the knocks at the door.

"I'll get that", I say. Then, I open the door, I stumbled a little when Haru suddenly jumps on me, hugging me tight, squealing happily. I return her hug awkwardly before I realizes Taehyung stands after her. Wearing a pair of glasses and trench coat, he shrugs.

"Hey".

"Oh h- hi, Taehyung, Haru. What are you guys doing here?", I ask them. Taehyung smiles at me in return.

"Is your eomma at home?", he asks, making me daze but still, I managed to nod. He went past me, straight to the living room, finding my eomma sits there.

"Oh, Taehyung-ah, Haru-yah", she greets him, Taehyung bows at her. "Have a sit, both of you. I'll go make some hot cocoa", she smiles. Haru takes a seat next to eomma, while Taehyung still stands in front of her.

"No, Mrs. Jeon, I need to talk to you", Taehyung says. "I promise it won't take long".

Eomma and I exhange glances for a few seconds, "Oh, um Honey, be a doll and make some hot cocoa for them", she says to me. I nod and go to the kitchen almost on instant. While I'm at the kitchen, I tried to eavesdrop their conversation but I can't seem to hear any. Curse you, too-far-from-living-room kitchen.

I can't focus on making the hot cocoa since I'm too distracted at the moment. I don't give a f.uck if it's too hot, too sweet or too bitter or whatever. I need to get back to the living room as soon as possible. With the tray in my head, I speed-walk back to the living room, but I stop halfway.

I see Taehyung is on his knees in front of eomma, his palms flatly pressed onto his thighs and his face slightly faces the floor.

"Please", Taehyung exhales, "Allow me to take her for camping. 3 days 2 nights and that's it".

"But Taehyung, you know how much I worry about her after what had happened- I can't imagine if I'm not there when she needed me- what if-".

"She won't be alone", he speaks. "Haru will go with her, and my friends too, there are 6 of them".

"And does she know these friends of yours?", she asks, suspiciously.

"Of course, they met several times already. They get along well", he explains, trying to be as polite as possible.

Eomma sighs. Heavily.

Even I can't read her face at the moment.

The tray in my hands gets pretty heavy, I don't even know why. Slowly, I join them at the living room and carefully put the mugs on the coffee table.

"I'll have to discuss with her appa first, and I'll let you know", eomma decides.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Jeon", Taehyung forces a bitter smile. "Just you considering is already means alot", eomma smiles reassuringly.

"So, when and where are you planning to go?", eomma asks.

"Not that far, it's at Daejun camping site".

"I see. Well, Taehyung dear, I can't really promise you but I'll try to convince her appa as well".

"You mean, you-"

"Of course I'll let her go with you. Furthermore, Haru will be joining you guys too, right?".

Taehyung's sparkle with hope, he flashes his pearly white teeth and he bend his body a little more to the floor.

"I can't tell you how grateful I am for that. Thank you so much".

"Now, now, get up before your legs get cramped for real. And we don't want to drink a cold cocoa, right?", eomma looks at me and smiles warmly. I take that as the cue to pass the mugs to all of them. Taehyung finally a seat opposite to where eomma and Haru sat.

I was holding Taehyung's mug with both of my hands,"Here you go, nice and warm", I hum in satisfaction. Taehyung cups my hands as he tries to take the mug from me, but he didn't let go of my hands.

"Your hands are warmer than the cocoa", he mumbles, "And with these hands making this cocoa, I bet it's warm and tasty enough".

I can feel my face flush as I lock my eyes on his. I watch as Taehyung took a little whiff of the aroma of the cocoa before carefully slurping it.

And eventually, he spits back almost at the same time.

Same goes to the other two of my customers.

"Yah, Nara-yah!", Haru wipes her lips, "Ige mwoya (what's this)? Tastes like sh-".

"I- it's um- not bad", Taehyung slurs, cutting Haru's feedback while trying to convince me with his frowning face as he still smacking his lips to get a more detailed taste of the cocoa. Looks like his lips been quivering, hesitates to spill out the beans.

"M-maybe a little sugar will be fine", Taehyung finally says, in a tiny voice. Taehyung, followed by me, my eomma and Haru burst into fits of laughter after that. Then, I don't even know why in the world would I try that cocoa before adding some sugar like Taehyung asks me to, that is while I'm still alert and alive.

I don't think the taste will stop haunting my tastebuds in just 1, 2 days.

So I quickly retreat all the cocoa, dumps it into the sink and make a new one. For sure, I had it a little to make sure it's edible and um, safe?

So I bring the newly made hot cocoa that is hopefully will be accepted by the three of them. Taehyung smiles the widest as he takes a sip of the cocoa.

"Mhm, much better", he compliments.

I don't think my cheeks can get any redder when Taehyung secretly winks at me while drinking the cocoa.

I avoid the contact with his eyes and I chug down the hot cocoa.

I swear I can't feel my tastebuds and throat for the rest of the week.

-----

short but believe me, we're this close to the end ;)

hope u enjoy this chapter too ~

vote & comment ur thoughts :)

ilyall xx