Real World

Laurence's POV

The last week we have tried everything and failed at everything. I sat at the docks staring off. I guess I have to wait a whole month before I can get her out. I think to myself. I snap out of my thoughts as a tiny boat crashes into the shore.
"Aphmau?" I ask. She got up and starts limping toward me I get up and run over but she falls. I kneel down next to her and try to help her but her side was bleeding.
"Help! Help!" I scream. I sat there i didn't know what to do I was in shock. Katelyn runs over she saw Aphmau then ran down here. Zoey comes and runs down I sat there. They help Aphmau up as they do. A note falls from Aphmau's pocket. I pick it up.
Dear Aphmau,
Well you have escaped. This isn't the last time we meet. I would have you watch your back and your village. This isn't the end.

The rest was torn away. I had to give an announcement. I get up I see Brendan I walk up to him.
"Gather everyone in the plaza." I say. He nods and walks off. I walk to the plaza. I stand there and wait.
+-1 hour later-+
Finally everyone cramped in the plaza. Even Aphmau who was ok.
"Ok. Everyone I need you to be careful when you are wondering around. Not only during the day also nighg and in the village. Any where. We can't lose anyone else. If you leave the village have a guard escort you where you need to go. Guards keep an eye open stay on high guard at the wall. Don't let anyone in without tell me, Aphmau or Garroth. Keep an eye on your kids don't let them out of your sight." I say. People start chattering.
"What's happening?" Emma calls. I sigh and look at Aphmau she looked scared.
"I would say but with the kids around I can't if you have any question. Come tell me." I say. People start asking more questions.
"I can I only say one thing... Watch.. Your... Back and stay safe... Don't trust anyone you meet outside of Phoenix Drop." I say. Everyone goes quite. I walk off the platform and walk toward Aphmau. I grab her hand.
"Come with me you knees to tell me what happened." I say. She nods we walk toward her home.

Aphmau's POV

I told Laurence everything that happened. As I told I relived every painful dieing moment.
"I should have fought back more.." I say. I look down at the note and crumple it up. He shakes his head.
"You did the best you could.. Im glad your ok I though I would have to wait another month to get you back. Your powers would have been goon by then you would have been gone." he says. A tear falls down my face as I think of all the things they said and did. I look up and wipe it away.
"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." he says. I nod. He starts to chuckle.
"I've been meaning to say... I've been moved up to head guard." he says. I smile.
"Really?" I ask. More tears fall down my face. He gets up walks over and wipes away my tears.
"You ok? Really your crying..." he says. I shake my head and look down and cry more.
"I'm not ok.. What they said.. What if it's true. What if thats all true." I say. He makes me look at him and shakes his head.
"No.. They were messing with your brain..." he says. I nod.
"Laurence!" Garroth calls his name. He looks over at the door.
"Well.. I have questions to go answer.." he says. I nod and follow him. We walk out the door. People gathered at the bottom. Laurence raises his hand.
"If you have questions sit... I'll answer the best I can. If you want you can ask Aphmau questions." he says looking at me I nod. He sits on the step I sit next to him.
"What did it say? The note." Dale asks. I look at Laurence he shakes his head. Garroth walks and stands at the second step up and listens.
"I would say but.. It would make you all panic just trust what I said." Laurence says. Dale nods.
"What happened there?" Donna asks. Laurence looks at me. His eyes soft and confomforting. I fell something break in me.
"I... I... Can't explain it hurts to much to think back on what they did. They tortured me with pictures and more.. I can't explain it was to painful." I say. A tear falls down my face. Donna looked hurt.
"Im sorry M'lord.." Donna says. I smile.
"It's fine..." I say. She nods and walks off i watch her walk away. Laurence puts his hand on leg I jump. He stares at me so does Garroth and everyone else.
"Im sorry... I can't answer anything else..." I say. I get up and walk back home.
"Aphmau!" Laurence calls. I look down tears roll down my face. I walk home.
+-That night-+
I sat there on my bed stareing out my window. Half awake half not. Malachi talked to me earlier but didn't really help. At least im safe here... I think. I stare at the stars. I get a flashback to when they try'd killing me. I was almost stabbed because of my actions. I hear the door open. I snap out of my thoughts and see Laurence standing there.
"Hey... You ok?" he asks. He looks back out the door then shuts it. He kneels in front of me.
"I don't know... I can't think about it without crying... What they said... What they did..." I say. I look down more tears fall. He grins at me.
"Your safe here... I won't let anyone hurt you not without killing me first.." he says. I smile weakly at him.
"You gonna be fine sleeping?" he asks. I nod. Then shake my head.
"No nightmares I hope." I say. He stands.
"I can stay here. I just need to get a chair." he says. I nod. He walks out I lay down under the covers he walks back in and places the chair in the corner of the room, so he faced the door.
"Night Aphmau." he says. I smile and turn on my side and stare at the wall. I close my eyes and sleep.