Chapter 23

It has been lazy day after lazy day these past few months. My life has been quiet and seemingly normal so far. I haven't contacted Dean or Seth since the day it all went down. It's nice just being with myself most of the time.

I've been going out on a few dates with different people which is weird and awkward, especially tonight.

Tonight I'm going to a speed dating thing. I don't really want to, but I wanted something fun to do while I'm single. And speed dating is a chance to meet fun people, I hope.

I wore a cocktail dress and nude heels and made myself look good. I feel good. I feel like a whole new, Danielle.

Speed-Dating:

I don't know how I feel too much about doing this. Maybe I should back out now. I mean come on, it'd make sense. No Danielle, you wanted to do this and you're gonna.

"Alright everyone you have five minutes to chat and then switch!"

I sat down at my table fixing myself. I was at table number four, it was, decent. This restaurant was fairly decent and the line of bachelors was full of old people and young people. I requested the ages 26-30.

The first guy came up and he was dressed like he owned three mansions, drove a BMW, and had multiple ex-wives.

"Hello, I'm Danielle," I said shaking his hand. "I'm Trevor, first time doing this," he asked.

"Yes, just thought I tried something new. Maybe I'd find a new friend and or maybe even a partner. What about you?"

"I come to these things all the time," he said.

"So you haven't found your girl yet," I smirked.

"What? No I have. Here's a picture of her."

I didn't think it was right for him to be showing me his spouse, and on top of it, why the hell was he at a speed dating night?

"Um...could I ask what you're doing here if you have a wife?"

"Oh yeah, sorry. I'm looking for potential women to date my brother, he's nervous to come to these things and I just look to see if I'll meet anyone his type. I hate to say this but, you're not it."

Okay, rude!!!!

"First of all, you shouldn't even be here, tell your brother to grow some balls and meet a woman by himself, second your brother is probably another big jerkoff like you, third, I have more class than you'll ever have! NEXT!"

Well that went nicely.

"This is so pointless," I said to myself putting my face ink my hands.

I looked up and saw someone that I never thought I'd see.

"Hey what's up, I'm Blake." I looked and saw a face, that brought back so many memories. The smile, the eyes, everything.

"Hi, I'm Danielle. I don't suppose you remember me."

Blake began studying me, his big brown eyes staring at me. I looked away knowing I would've began drooling. "No I don't," he said.

I took out my glasses and put them on even though I had my contacts in. "Now?" His eyes widened along with his smile.

"Wait a minute? You're the girl that was in my one class in high school! I called you my girlfriend all the time!"

I nodded my head laughing. "Yeah that's me. Although, I don't think you ever knew my real name at the time."

"No I didn't, but you were cool girl. You were nice to me. You were also cute." He looked up at raising his eyebrow. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah we had that cooking class and whatnot."

He nodded smiling at me. "You look amazing! Better than I remember. Why do you do for a living?"

"You go first, what do you do for a living?"

"Well I'm currently living in San Diego and I'm in the NFL."

"Really? So playing for the shittiest team in all of San Fransisco for high school AND college, they found you?"

"Yeah," he said. "Now I wanna know what you do."

I put my glasses away and twiddled my thumbs. "Well I-"

"ALRIGHT SWITCH!"

"Ah horrible timing!" I said. "Here let me get your number, girl," he said. We exchanged numbers and he left to go to the next table. For some reason, we just kept on looking at each other for the rest of the night.

Opening the door to my apartment felt like the greatest thing ever. I kicked off my shoes and jumped into my couch. I didn't want to go anywhere, I did miss work though.

(knock)

"Are you kidding me?" I mumbled into my pillow. "ITS UNLOCKED!"

The door opened and I looked up. "Dean?"

Author:

IM SO SORRY THAT I DIDNT GET THIS CHAPTER UP YESTERDAY. I was extremely busy and I didn't have much time. I will try to get the next chapter up by the 23rd because it's exam week and then the holidays. I hope you guys enjoyed! Thanks for reading!