⎡18⎦

❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖

On a sunny afternoon, I had sat myself beneath a tree by Hagrid's hut after a great practice with the twins. When I glanced up from my Transfiguration homework, I noticed Marcus Flint with the rest of the Slytherin team heading towards the Quidditch Pitch. I closed my book and decided to go watch them. Grabbing my stuff, I raced to the pitch and saw from the stands that they were all huddled in a group talking. 

As I got closer to their small circle, I unmistakably noticed a platinum blond head among the group. No that can't be..

When I had made my way down to the bottom of the pitch, the team turned in my direction. In their hands were sleek, matching, jet black brooms. Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones. I stared at the brooms in awe but quickly snapped out of it, crossing my arms and storming up to the team.

"Since when has Draco been on this team and since when have you all had the same broom!?" I exclaimed.

"He got them a few days ago, love," Flint explained.

"Don't even try it, Flint," I replied with a dead tone and grit. I looked at the boys.

"And where is our other beater?" I asked Flint. 

"Sick. We're gonna need a sub for the game."

"I'll be the sub," I replied. All the boys laughed except for James and Draco who looked the other way. How dare they. I crossed my arms.

"Oh! So you don't believe a girl can play? Fine!" I walked up to James and stomped on his foot, making him loosen his grip, allowing me to grab his bat and new broom from his hands.

"Oooh," The boys sang. I mounted the broom and kicked off into the air, soaring above them.

"Well, come on now.  Throw a bludger at me Flint! Unless..." I gasped dramatically, "You're too afraid I'll be better than you. Oh no!" 

Flint scowled and hurled the bludger at me. It came speeding at me, and I hit it into the sky just in time, sending it about 30 feet up into the sky. 

"Not bad Rosewood. You've got some arm," Flint said from the ground, squinting in the sun as he looked for the bludger.

"Thank you, Marcus. So? Can I play?" I asked sweetly.

"Eh fine. Meet us in the courtyard in half an hour." 

I nodded and descended to the ground. I couldn't wait.

. . .

Flint had ordered one of the team members to find me Quidditch robes to change into. Once I was dressed, I regrouped with the team in the courtyard. Flint led the way back to the pitch and began to discuss our plans for practice as we walked. As we made our way, we ran into the Gryffindor Quidditch team, seemingly heading in the same direction.