CHAPTER 20

The next day was normal, we went to beach and got relaxed, it was the first day that I didn’t argue with Harry, weird; but I liked it. I wake up and guess what? IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!!I was really excited.

Me: GOOD MORNING!

But nobody answered me…

Me: Are somebody here?

Again nobody answered me… I think that I was alone… GREAT!

I was about to take some orange juice when I saw a piece of paper, there was something wrote on it:

“Hi, Eleanor, first of all HAPPY BIRTDAY and second… We´re so sorry to tell you that we can´t pass this day with you… Our management told us that we have to do some interviews today and Danielle have to visit a friend because she call her telling that she need to talk with her and it was very important… So… We are really sorry… Maybe tomorrow we can have a proper celebration. Bye. We love you. PS: Open the door, we have a little surprise.”

I can´t believe it… they wouldn´t pass the day of my birthday with me… There aren´t other days on summer to have the interviews or talk to one friend… It has to be today, when I´m turning 18… I am really annoyed. I opened the door and found this on the floor a huge basket with chocolate and flowers.

Well… This helps me to forgive them for leaving me alone the day of my birthday, but I am still angry… I ate some of them and my phone start to buzz, I have messages and missed calls of some friends, and I reply them and talk a bit with my parents. I log in on facebook and twitter, I have a lot of notifications everybody was wising me happy birthday, how they know that today was my birthday? I replied other text messages but I received a special message:

“Good morning babe! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How you feel now that you are a year older?”

“Thanks Kevin! And that feels… bad, I don´t know…”

“Hey… Why are you saying that? It´s your day! You can´t be sad, or… are you hiding me something? Are you Peter Pan?”

“I know it´s my day but… I don´t like it… And… I can´t be Peter Pan because I´m a girl!”

“That´s right… And why you don´t like your birthday?”

“Because I am alone… The guys have some interviews and Danielle is with a friend… I found this when I woke up in a note…”

“But it isn´t their fault to have interviews… I´m sure that they would love to be with you today…”

“I know… But… It´s sad pass your birthday far of your house and alone…”

“I know how it feels… But think that you can celebrate it tomorrow in some wonderful place”

“Yeah… But tomorrow won´t be my birthday…”

“Don´t think like that! And I´m sure that you will have a great one and you never forget it!”

“Maybe…”

“And they only left you a note?”

“No… They left me some flowers with chocolate”

“That´s cool!”

“Yeah… Better than nothing”

“El please rejoice a bit, only for meJ”

“OkJ”

“That´s my girl! I have to go now… “

“Ok and Kevin… THANKS!”

“Why?”

“Because you made my dayJ”

“Really?”

“Yes! Bye”

“Bye”

WOW! I don´t know how he makes that… He always put a smile in my face, even thought if the day is a crap, he always makes me laugh. I was a bit tired so I lie down on the sofa and turn on the TV.

A noise woke me up, did I fell asleep? What time it was? WOW! It was 7pm I slept 5 hours… Somebody come to the living room.

Danielle: Here are you!

Me: Yes…

Danielle: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Me: Thanks…

Danielle: Is something wrong?

Me: Yes, today it´s my birthday and my six best friends didn´t pass the day with me and I have to pass it alone and far of my house!

Danielle: El… We are so sorry… But it isn´t our fault.

Me: And then what was that important thing that you have to talk about with your friend?

Danielle: She has to stop dancing because of lesion… But you are alright, I understand that you are mad even thought it wasn´t our fault… The only thing I can say is that I´m sorry.

Me: Ok… I do not want to be angry with you the rest of my birthday.

Danielle: Thanks, and now in compensation how about I invite you a dinner?

Me: OK!

Danielle: So let´s change our clothes. Dress something pretty because maybe after have dinner we can go to some pubs.

Me: OK!

I decided to wear a nice black dress and Danielle another one but hers was blue

Danielle: Are you ready?

Me: Yes!

We went walking; suddenly Danielle stops in front of a restaurant that was totally in darkness.

Danielle: It´s here!

Me: Are you sure? It looks closed.

Danielle: Trust me, come with me!

We went inside and when I was walking through the door the lights turned on.