Chapter 20: "Promise?" "I Promise."

Third person
This is the best day of Amanda's life. Well almost. Derek still has a surprise. He won't tell her where they are going.

"Derek. Please. I want to know.   Where we are going?" She pouted.

"Nope. Its a surprise." He smiled. She sighed slouching in her seat. She turned the radio on as 1000 years started playing. A  smile appeared on her face looking at Derek. Flashbacks of them meeting was like a movie.

The day we met,
She stepped out of her moms car as she saw Talia waiting there.

"Hello sweatheart. I'm Talia I'm  going to be your babysitter." Talia smiled.

"Hi. I'm Amanda." She  smiled introducing herself.

Frozen I held my breath

She then met a pair of green eyes.

Right from the start

"Hi. I'm Derek. Its nice to meet you Amanda." He smiled.

I knew that I'd found a home for my heart...

... beats fast

"Do you want to go for a swim?" Derek questioned.

"Um I don't know how." She whispered.
"I'll show you." He smiled. Amanda returned the smile as Derek held her hand leading her to the pool.

Colors and promises

"Amanda your going to be okay. I wont let anything happen to you. I'll be There for you no matter what."

"Promise?"

"I promise." He smiled. Amanda let go of the side swimming to Derek. The Sun behind him. She looked at him as the suns light made him look like an angel.

How to be brave?

Years passed. Derek was starting to fall for Amanda. But he was scared.
But Amanda was also afraid of admitting her feelings for him. 

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

"Derek I- um. Nevermind forget it." She sighed.

"What's wrong?" he questioned.

"Nothing." She smiled sadly.

But watching you stand alone

She saw him standing there. She took a deep breath.

"Derek I have something to tell you." She smiled.

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

"I like you. Not just like friends. But more than that." She explained her feelings.

One step closer

"Amanda I like you too. But I can't. I'm in love with paige." he whispered.

"Oh" She whispered. Her heart slightly breaking.

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

"I'll wait." She smiled.

I have died everyday waiting for you

As time went by. Seeing Derek with another hurt  her more and more. Derek was scared that Amanda was losing interest in him.

"I'm scared." Derek sighed sitting next to Amanda under the moonlight.

"Of what?" She questioned.