Chapter 30: Restraint.

Derek
I put Amanda in the passenger seat of her car as I drove her home. The drive to her house was quiet. She soon began to scream in her sleep. I slightly swerved to the other lane recollecting myself I pulled over and stopped the car.

"AMANDA!" I called out shaking her awake but she wouldn't wake up.

"NO! PLEASE STOP. STOP IT. LET ME GO." she yelled wiggling around.

"Amanda. No one is going to hurt you. Amanda listen to the sound of my voice." I spoke.

"Please stop. I can't help you." She cried tears rolling down her cheeks. Her eyes shot open as she saw me there. I wrapped her in a hug as I felt fear in her emotions.

"Your safe. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you." I whispered in her ear stroking her hair.

"If felt so real. I thought they were-." she cried not able to finish her sentence.

"How did the nightmares begin?" I questioned.

"When I first received that text. Since Then these nightmares started feeling so real." She croaked.

"Lets take you home.. We can work on your homework that should clear your head." I smiled.

"Right because I need my head cleared." She sassed. I sighed.

"I was just suggesting. Or we could watch movies, eat junk food and cuddle. How does that sound?" I questioned.

"If you're trying to make me feel better... You are doing a great job. Lets go to the store and grab some food. And snacks and pop. And candy. And ice cream." She listed.

"Might as we buy the whole store while your at it." I chuckled.

"Now that is just plain crazy. I don't need that much food." she smiled.

"Then what?" I questioned.

"Um I don't know. I want to watch a movie."

"Well. Lets go. Or do you want me to take you home and I can go buy the stuff. Or do you want to come with me?" I questioned.

"I'll go. You don't know what I like." she smiled sticking her tongue out at me. I chuckled.

"Alright." We drove to the nearest market as I parked in the parking lot. We got out as I grabbed her hand intertwining mine with hers. We walked into the store grabbing a shopping cart. We went to the chips aisle. She began to grab different bags of chips.

"Oh can we get some ice cream?" she questioned.

"Seriously?" I smiled.

"What. I like food. Oh. Before I forget. Melissa wanted me to get home before she does." She explained. We gathered all of the snacks. As we went to pay this guy eyed Amanda.

"Hey. Did you think of my offer?" He questioned.

"What offer?" she questioned.

"About becoming very close friends." the guy smirked.

"Seriously. Your still trying to hit on me. Just because I have close friends doesn't mean I get very close. I want nothing to do with you. So back off. Or you will regret meessing with me?" Amanda growled.

"Nice rings. But I have this feeling you guys won't last. Soits best to just get with me And I'll make it worth your wild." he smirked.

"Listen you little Bastard. This is my girlfriend your talking about. And I love her. So back off and find yourself a girl who doesn't respect themselves because Amanda does respect herself." I growled. The guy charged us our items and we walked out.