Chapter 32: Backstory Part 1

Third person
Amanda was 7 when she heard the door slam shut. She woke up getting out of bed, making her way downstairs when she heard yelling in the living room. She saw her father there drunk once again.

"You can't always be coming home drunk." Melissa sighed as she saw Rafael.

"I want to enjoy a beer without you always nagging me about having a drinking problem.." Rafael slurred. This is the 30th or something time he came home drunk..

"Then find a different career. You don't need to be with that job"." Melissa tried to reason with him.

"Then who else is going to provide for you if I don't work. I won't make enough money to support us. Not to mention we have children to care for. That is why I got this job in the first place." Rafael yelled.

"You don't have to be the only one who works. There are other paying jobs that offer good money." Melissa stated. Amanda went to the staircase hearing the fight.

"Not everyone can get what they want!" Rafael yelled

"Well you can't always come home drunk.." Melissa yelled.

"I can and I will. Where are the children?" Rafael questioned.

"Sleeping, but they won't be for long if you keep raising your voice like that." Melissa snapped.

"Oh look who's talking. I'm done with this useless argument." Rafael stated walking out of the living room.

"Amanda what's going on?" Scott questioned rubbing his eyes as he joined me on the staircase.

"They're fighting again." She sighed.

"He came home drunk again didn't he?" Scott questioned.

"Yeah. Scotty the argument was very bad. Do you think mom and dad are going to get a divorce?" She questioned looking at her hands.

"I'm not done speaking to you Rafael." Melissa shouted.

"Amanda everything will be fine." Scott smiled hugging his sister.

"I walked out of the room for a reason. I was done speaking to you." Rafael stated.

"If you are going to be like this every time something bad happens at work then it isn't going to work. I can't have my children be exposed to a drunk." Melissa stated.

"What are you trying to say?" Rafael questioned.

"I'm saying if you can't get your shit together, then you shouldn't be here. It's not good for anyone. I think you should leave." Melissa stated.

"If that's what you want fine."  Rafael stated going upstairs and going to his room packing his bags. He walked to the steps as he saw the two. It all went so fast Scott fell backwards rolling down the stairs. Amanda's eyes widened as she rushed down the stairs to her brothers aid. Scott ended up with a broken arm. Her father never to be seen again. That made her upset, she started to feel hatred for her father for never knowing the reason why he never came back. Melissa began to work. She found Talia Hale at the market. Melissa asked if she knew of any good babysitters and Talia replied with: I could watch your child for you. Melissa felt relief. So she took Amanda to the hale house. Now before you get ahead of me yes this was before the fire. And yes I know I told that part of the story, you are just getting some new information. Now be quiet and listen to me. Anyways back to my story.