Chapter 49: Its Complicated

Winston Churchill once said: 'If you're going through hell, keep going.' I bet your wondering why I'm starting my morning with this quote. Well, everyone goes through some trouble, and in order to solve that problem is to try your best. Well that's what it means to me. Mom hasn't been talking to me or Scott. Guess she's still pretty spooked about last night. I wouldn't blame her. Her children look like monsters. But we aren't. I got out of bed gathering my clothes for school today. I got into the shower cleaning my body. It feels like some weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I got out once I finished. I got dresses Into my outfit.

Once I was ready I walked to Scott's room, he slipped his shirt on grabbing his school bag

Once I was ready I walked to Scott's room, he slipped his shirt on grabbing his school bag. I heard my moms door shut. We walked to her door.

"Mom."

"Mom we're gonna have to talk about this eventually." I sighed.

"Okay, we're going. We love you." Scott sighed.

"I'm taking Jessica to Derek's. Just so you won't worry." I sighed walking away from her door. I went next door to Mrs. Armstrong's house. I knocked on the door. She answered.

"Oh Amanda what a pleasant surprise." She smiled.

"I'm here for Jessica. She's spending the day at her fathers." I smiled.

"Oh please come in. I've got her things gathered. Let me get you her car seat. Jessica is sleeping." She smiled. I went to the living room to see Jessica sleeping in her portable crib.

"Hello beautiful. I'm taking you to daddy's." I smiled picked her up. Mrs. Armstrong came back with the car seat.

"She was an angel. Total sweetheart." She smiled handing me the car seat. I smiled puting Jess in it. I made sure to secure her well in it. I gathered her things. And folded up her crib. I picked up the car seat and taking the things with me.

"Thanks for watching over her. I really appreciate it." I smiled walking out the door. I went to my car as Scott got out clearly confused.

"Who's the baby belong too?" He questioned.

"She's mine and Derek's. Put these in the trunk will you? I got to get her adjusted properly in the back." I smiled. Once I was done I got into my car driving to meet Derek at the nearest gas station. I saw him parked at a park as he stood outside his car. I pulled up next to him. I popped open the trunk as Derek gathered Jess's things and setting them in his trunk. I got her car seat out and handed her to him.

"I hope this isn't to much." I sighed.

"Baby, don't worry she'll be fine. You go to school. She will have fun with her daddy." He smiled. I smiled kissing him quickly. I walked to my car as I drove Scott and I to hell.

"I didn't know you had a baby."

"Yeah. We adopted her yesterday. Derek and I were discussing about it." I explained. I parked my car getting out. I grabbed my school bag.