Chapter 33

Work went by slow. Blake and I haven't really been talking since I left his house yesterday. I text him before I leave work.

Me: I'm going to stop by after work.
BG: Alright. See you then.

I drop Jess off at the house before driving over to Blake's. "Text me and let me know what happens." She says as she gets off the car. "You just need to sip your tea and chill." I joke. "I'll see you later." I pull out of the driveway.

I don't even know where to start or what to say. I knock on the door and walk in his house. I find him outside shooting around on his court. He sees me. He takes one more shot before walking over to me. "Hey." He gives me a hug. I give him a half-assed hug just to let him know I'm still mad. "Can we talk?" I ask. "Ahem.. Yeah." He leads me to the furniture on the deck. I sit on one side and he sits across from me on the other.

"Okay, so. After some thought I just want to say, I'm not going to let this ruin my happiness. If this really is your kid then oh well. You know? You have another kid. As messed up as the situation is, I'll stick by your side. Only because I want a future with you. I want to be your wife and the mother of your kids. I love you. And fuck that bitch for trying to rain on my parade." He just smiles. He gets up from the couch and kneels down in front of me, resting between my legs. He gives me a kiss and lets out a sigh of relief after. "I was scared you were going to give me the ring back and just be done with me."

"No." I shake my head. "Why give up on someone who fought so hard with me and for me?"

"I love you, baby."

"I love you too."

"Chris and Jada invited us over for dinner but I told them we couldn't make it."

"Do they know what's going on?"

"Yeah, Chris is pretty disappointed in me. All my friends and family are actually. They're mad that I'm putting you through this. I don't blame them, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so reckless. I just wasn't thinking right."

"I don't want to talk about it any more."

"Okay."

"Do you want to have like a Chinese night for dinner? Make it ourselves." I ask.

"Make it ourselves?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know how?"

"Yes. And we have YouTube and Google on our side if we get stuck."

"Let's do it."

We make a trip to the grocery store and buy stuff for dinner. As we leave there's a couple of guys outside with cameras. "Fuck." Blake says. "Come on. Don't say anything to these assholes." He tells me. He grabs my hand as we walk to the car. "You're still sticking with Blake after the pregnancy rumors?" One asks. "Are you aware of the pregnancy rumors?" The other asks. We ignore them as their questions continue and they follow us. We get in the car and leave. "Fucking assholes, man." Blake says angrily. His phone rings. "Hello?" He answers. "Nothing. Just leaving the grocery store." He pauses as the person on the other end talks. "I'm with Aaliyah. We're headed home now. We had a run in with some paparazzi. Yeah, fucking assholes." He pauses again. "When did you want to do that? Tomorrow? Yeah, that's fine. Okay. See you then. Later." He hangs up. "That was Taylor. They're going to come over tomorrow for dinner." He tells me. "Can't wait." I say.

We get everything prepped for cooking. We decide to make beef and broccoli with egg rolls. We put the meat on for the beef and broccoli while we make our egg rolls. Blake struggles to get the wrapping paper apart. "Let me see. Get out of here." I joke. I grab the wrapping paper and get it off with ease. "That's how it's done." I say. He just snickers. I show him how to make the egg rolls so he could do that while I finished the other food. We listen to music while we cook. I have some time to just admire and appreciate us. We definitely make a great team.