Chapter 44

I hear Ford talking loudly as he comes down the hallway. "Where is she, daddy? Where is she?" He asks excitedly. "Almost there, bud." I hear Blake. They come in the room. Ford comes in hesitantly as he observes the room. "Hey, Ford. Do you want to meet your sister?" I ask him. He nods. I give Blaine to Blake. He grabs her and sits down in the rocking chair beside the hospital bed. Ford gets a close look at her. "Whoa, she's tiny!" He chuckles. "Look at her feet." Blake says to him as he shows Blaine's feet to him. "Woowww! Those are tiny feet!" He exclaims. Blake and I watch as Ford kisses the bottom of Blaine's foot. "Aww, you're going to be a good big brother Ford." I tell him. He smiles. "Can I hold her?" He asks. "Sure." Blake says. He tells Ford to sit on the couch. He helps him to hold Blaine. She stirs in her sleep a bit, but remains asleep and content in Fords hold.

After taking Ford home, Blake stops to pick us up some food because the hospital food sucks. He returns with some In and Out burgers. "Here you go." He hands me my food. We watch tv as we eat. Blake flips through the channels and stops at ESPN. Just as he stops they have his Instagram pictures up and they're congratulating him. "Congratulations to Blake Griffin and his fiancé on their bundle of joy." One anchor says. They began discussing Blake's last season and highlights. We flip through the channels and find a movie to watch. "Aaliyah, there's something I wanted to talk to you about." He tells me.

"What's that?"

"I think it's about time we get married. I don't care about all that other stuff, if we have to live on base, we'll figure all that out when we get there. Let's just go to a court house and get married. I mean, we can have a big wedding later, if that's something that you want. But I've been waiting for, what feels like, forever, to call you my wife. For you to bare my last name. To spend the rest of my life with you. Let's just say 'Fuck it' and go down to the court house tomorrow and sign some papers. What do you think?"

"Okay.." I smile.

"Yeah?"

"Yes."

Later that night we told our family of our plans. Their on board and being supportive. My mom, Desi, and Nicki offered to cook a dinner for after we get married. Blake's family offered to help with whatever they can as well. Although, we're not really looking for help, everyone's support is enough.

After we get discharged from the hospital the next day we rush home to get ready for our nuptials. I wear a beautiful all white gown that my best friends picked out for me, with some flats because my feet are still hurting from the pregnancy. They've also managed to find Blaine a little white dress. They put a white headband on her. When we're done getting ready we meet Blake at the courthouse.
As soon as I arrive at the courthouse I see pop waiting for me at the doors. Blaine sleeps soundly on my chest, totally oblivious as to what's going on. "Hey." Pop and I both greet each other with a hug. "You ready?" He asks. I nod. "You're sure? Like, really, really, sure?" He questions. "Yes." I laugh. "Okay. Let's do this." Pop holds his arm out for me to grab it. Desi grabs Blaine before pop and I go in. This is it. This is the first day of the rest of my life with this man.
We walk through the doors. I see Blake with Ford by his side waiting. They have matching suits on. He watches as I walk down the aisle, it makes me a little nervous. It reminds me of the first time he looked at me in Huckleberry as I told him and DJ my story. To think that on that day I never thought I'd be marrying the man who brought butterflies to my stomach.
       I stand across from Blake. We hold hands as the officiant begins speaking.
     "Celebrating the uniting of two people in this way proclaims in public what was decided in the private corners of the heart. It proclaims the couple's belief that they are meant to be together, and that they are ready to embrace the future together. Aaliyah and Blake wish to pledge their vows to each other before us today." The officiant looks to Blake. Blake reaches in the pocket of his suit and pulls out a piece of paper. "Ahem." He clears his throat. "Aaliyah, you have been my best friend, mentor, confidant and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible.... You have made me a better person. I was lost when I found you, you helped me find myself and to be a better man. For that I am grateful and I am truly blessed to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life together. You know me better than anyone else in this world and somehow still you manage to love me. You are my best friend and one true love. There is still a part of me today that cannot believe that I'm the one who gets to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you." He smiles as his eyes water.
I begin to read my vows. "Blake, I promise to be your lover, companion and friend, Your partner in parenthood, Your ally in conflict, Your greatest fan and your toughest adversary. Your comrade in adventure,
Your student and your teacher, Your consolation in disappointment, Your accomplice in mischief. This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things. All things. On this day, I give you my heart, My promise, That I will walk with you, Hand in hand, Wherever our journey leads us, Living, learning, loving, Together, Forever."
   The officiate continues, "Blake, repeat after me: Do you, Blake, take Aaliyah to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to love, honor, and cherish her through out your lives?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to respect, comfort, and keep her, in sickness and in health?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to share your joy and sorrows, and forsaking all others, to be faithful to her alone?"

"I do."

            After I say my "I do's." We put our rings on each other. The officiant finally says, "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." We kiss. Everyone cheers. And just like that we're Mr. And Mrs. Griffin.

________________________

Hey guys, I hope you guys liked the chapter. I began writing another Blake Griffin story. If you get the chance, go read what I've got so far. I'm sure you'll like it. (: