Chapter 41

A whooshing noise fills the room. "That's the baby's heartbeat. Sounds good." The doctor tells us. "And you're wanting to find out the sex of the baby today?" She asks. "Yes." I reply. She moves the device around my stomach. Baby is kicking around. "Looks like it's a girl." She tells us. I look at Blake. "A girl?" He asks. "Mhm." The doctor replies. Blake stands beside me as we both look at the monitor. "A baby girl.." He smiles. "Ok. You can clean this off." She hands me tissue to wipe the jelly off my stomach. "And I'll get some pictures printed for you guys to take home. I'll be right back." The doctor leaves the room. I wipe the jelly off my stomach. "Is that what you were hoping for?" Blake asks. "I was hoping for a boy, either way I'm excited and glad she's healthy." I tell him. He nods in agreement. "Do you think it's a good time to tell Ford now?" He asks.

"Yeah, sounds good. Tell him he's gonna have a sister."

"You're not going to be there when I tell him?"

"I thought Brynn didn't want me around him?"

"I had a talk with her. I told her you were good with him. And that you'd never hurt him or any child. It's not like you're some monster. I know you. Also, Ford asked about you a few times and because of that she knew she was wrong. Soo.. Yeah."

"Hmm.." I snicker at the thought of her realizing she was wrong. Still don't trust the bitch. "When you trying to do this?" I ask.

"Tonight? I leave for a game tomorrow. Won't be back till next week."

"Ok. Sure. I'll stop by. Let me know."

"You want to get something to eat after this?"

"Uhh.. I was just going to stop and pick up something to eat and head home."

"So.. No?"

"Probably not."

"We can go where ever you want and get whatever you want, I'm buying."

"Umm..." I think about it. Fuck.. I'm pretty much broke. I was just going to settle for Mc Donald's. I guess I can. "Suuree.."

"Alright, cool." He nods. The doctor comes back in. "Here you go." She hands us the sonograms. "Thanks for stopping in. You both have a nice day." She smiles and leaves the room. I grab my stuff and leave. Blake follows shortly behind. We pick a place to meet up.

We're seated in a private area at the restaurant. We talk as we wait for our food. "DJ told me to ask you about Jess." He tells me.

"Uh, no."

"Why?" He laughs. "Hook him up."

"No. Because I'm still friends with Amber. Jess is one of my best friends. I don't want to be in the middle of all that mess. I already know how that's gonna go."

"Yeah, I get what you mean. Can I look at them pictures again?" He asks. I grab my purse and hand him the sonogram pictures. He looks down at them and smiles. I ain't gonna lie, he's looking pretty good in his charcoal grey long sleeve shirt. Maybe it's the hormones, but I could jump on his ass right now. "Do you have any names in mind?" He asks.

"Not really. You?"

"Could she start with a B?"

"Beulah?" I joke.

"Eww." He laughs. "No. Hell no. I was thinking like, Blaire, maybe?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I'm just not feeling it."

"You can't think of one you might like?"

"How about Blaine?"