Chapter Two

I knocked on the door even though I knew very well that the spare key was under the flower pot on the other side of the porch. I waited patiently until the door swung open revealing a small woman with gorgeous brown hair up in a tight bun. Her familiar wrinkling smile made me grin.

"Hi, Lola." I smiled at the woman.

"Hello, Miss Kylie." She replied. Lola stepped aside to let me in. "How are you today?" she asked.

"I'm good, thank you, Lola." I waited for her to close the door and turn around. "How about you?" I asked politely.

"Honestly?" she paused. I smirked. "I'm confused." She admitted.

"How so?" I asked as we slowly walked along through the house. Navigating my brother's house had become second nature, especially after having lived here for almost four years.

"Mr Connor said that he and Miss Mckenzie were inviting friends over." She said looking a little distressed.

"Okay." I chuckled. "So what's the problem?"

"They said friends." Lola hissed, leaning in. "Miss Victoria is here." She whispered. I burst out into laughter and the small woman glared at me.

"I'm sorry, Lola." I chuckled, trying to compose myself. "Connor, Mckenzie and Victoria are all friends now, despite the fact that Victoria hated Mckenzie and Mckenzie hated Victoria, and Victoria was dating Connor who then dumped her for Mckenzie." I finished and paused, thinking for a second. "I see what you mean, Lola. That is both complicated and confusing." I chuckled.

Lola shook her head and sighed. "Everyone's out in the garden." She said and walked away. I chuckled once more and headed to the back door. I slid it open and sure enough, everyone was outside on lounge chairs.

Victoria was sitting close to the pool, her blonde hair up in a tight ponytail whilst Candice and Megan sat on the two-seater. Arianna sat close to them on her own chair. Mckenzie was sitting exactly opposite the door so I faced her and my brother who stood behind her chair looking down at her as she looked up at him.

Everyone was chatting but stopped and looked my way when they noticed me. I smiled broadly.

"Hello." I sang.

"You're late." Megan grumbled raising a perfectly tweezed eyebrow.

"Yeah but it's not like you guys are in some type of rush, are you?" I questioned.

"Actually, I am." Connor said frowning at me.

"Okay, first of all, you all know I'm not good at time management. Second of all, if this is Kenzie's lunch, why are we at your house? And finally, what are you doing here, Kenzie said it's a ladies lunch." I crossed my arms over my chest, raising an eyebrow at my brother.

"We're having the lunch here because my apartment doesn't have a pool or a Lola." Mckenzie said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"And I'm here because Kenz insisted that I be here when she tells you guys the news." Connor huffed.

"What news?" I asked.

"You'll find out as soon as you sit down." Connor said quickly. I stuck my tongue out at him but obeyed, opting to sit on Arianna's lap.

"You're squishing me." She moaned. I chuckled.

"Oh you love it, now shut up, they've got important news to tell us." I said turning back to Connor and Mckenzie.

"Are you guys having a baby?" Candice guessed with a dreamy look in her eye.

"No." Mckenzie chuckled.