Chapter Three

"Last three, let's go!" the instructor yelled. The music was pounding in my ears as my heart pounded in my chest. I could feel the beads of sweat all over my body. I pushed on as I delivered two more uppercuts to the air and a kick.

"Good job, everybody." She said as everyone stopped moving, the room echoed with moans and groans. "Alright, next week we'll be in the spin studio, don't forget." She added before taking her towel and bottle of water and exiting the room.

"How the hell does she do that?" Arianna panted beside me. "Look at her...she doesn't even look out of breath."

I huffed. "Shhh." I mustered out. "My body burns." I said. Arianna chuckled and straightened up from her bent over position. Her dark hair was plastered to forehead even though she had it in a bun.

I felt my own hair stick to the back of my neck making me feel all gross.

"Can we. Go shower. Please?" Arianna said between sips of water from her bottle. I chuckled hoarsely.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said. I took a step forward and winced. My thighs and calves were sore.

"This is what happens when we skip working out." Arianna muttered. I rolled my eyes, knowing very well how right she was.

"Next time we'll come work out instead of chill at the pool." I huffed.

We hobbled to the bathrooms for quick showers. After we slung our bags over our shoulders and started walking out the bathroom Arianna hung back to put on some eyeliner but I kept walking. I was looking in my bag for a hair tie when I walked into something hard. Rather, someone, actually.

I looked up and was met with brown eyes and a familiar smirk.

"Ryan?" I said.

"Hey, topless." He grinned. I glared at him. "I meant Kylie." He added. I rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Nobody looks this good without a personal trainer." He chuckled.

"Kylie, did you-" Arianna started before noticing Ryan. "Oh, hi." She said eyeing him. Ryan just gave her his signature smirk.

"Hey, I'm Ryan." He said extending his hand.

"Arianna." She said shaking it.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." He said softly. Arianna blushed. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, pretty boy." I chuckled. "The beautiful girl and I have to go."

"Why don't you ladies join me for coffee?" he suggested with a smile. I looked at Arianna who nodded slowly, not taking her eyes off of him.

"Fine." I said. "But you're buying." I shrugged.

"It will be my pleasure." He replied.

We sat at in the café not too far from the gym. Ryan was drinking green tea while Arianna sipped on her chamomile tea. I was literally the only that actually ordered coffee.

"So, you're a model too?" Ryan asked Arianna.

"Oh, no." she chuckled, flustered. "I don't model." She added.

"You should." He said to her and then he looked at me. "You meet new people all the time and see a lot of interesting things." He said slyly. I glared at him.

"Yeah, now it's your turn to shed it all for me." I said to him.

"Gimme a time and place and I'll be there." He replied.

"Oh wow. You two get real intimate, real fast." Arianna said glancing at us over her cup. I rolled my eyes taking my cell phone out of my pocket to check that text that had just come in.