Chapter Twenty-Seven

It was a rather uneventful Saturday afternoon. Everyone was either napping or just lying around doing pretty much nothing. I was in the kitchen making some iced tea in a big jug. As I stirred the sweet drink Megan shuffled into the room.

"I am absolutely, beyond belief, bored out of my freaking mind!" she complained, pulling herself up onto the counter. I glanced up at her and chuckled.

"Clearly."

"Well, then let's do something." She suggested. I shrugged.

"What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know, if I knew what I wanted to do then I wouldn't be here, now would I?"

I rolled my eyes at her response.

"Why so salty Megan?" Arianna teased as she bounced into the room.

"She's bitter because she's bored." I informed. Megan childishly stuck her tongue out at me.

"Yeah, it is kind of boring." Arianna admitted. "Let's go out and get our nails done or something."

"See, here's someone with ideas!" Megan declared enthusiastically. "Let's get our nails done then have like dinner."

The idea was more appealing than the thought of staying home and stirring this iced tea.

"I'm in." I shrugged.

"Yes! I'll go tell Kenzie." Megan hopped off of the counter. "We leave in half an hour." She called, disappearing out to the pool to get her best friend. I looked over at Arianna who cocked her head in the direction of the bedrooms.

I put the fresh pitcher of iced tea in the fridge and followed her to our room where we started looking for something to wear.

I dug in my suitcase, looking for a simple outfit to throw together.

"Can I just tell you how I'm getting so sick of sitting around and doing nothing." Arianna huffed as she shimmied into her floral shorts.

"Me too." I agreed.

"No but I mean, you have a job at least. I don't wanna be a jobless heiress forever." She moaned.

"You don't need a job, you're set for life." I folded my arms over my chest, looking at her.

"So are you! But you went and got a job because it gives you like a purpose and something to do..."

"Then do something. Create a fashion line or make make-up and give the money to charity or something. Olivia Scott does that." I shrugged.

Olivia Scott was an old friend of my brother's. She was an heiress to a fortune, much like Arianna but Liv didn't have as much money heading her way like Arianna. Liv had a hearty sum to her name but Arianna's family was old money, unlike the newly established Scotts. The Valente fortuned dated back a couple of centuries so it was a pretty freaking large sum of money they'd acquired.

"It's not that easy." Arianna told me. I shrugged.

As I pulled my floral sundress over my head my cell phone rang from the bed. Arianna tossed the small device to me and I excitedly answered the unknown number, hoping it was Mason.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Hi, Kylie?" it was a man's voice...but not my man.

"Yeah?"

"Hi, it's Dean le Clare." My eyes widened.

"Oh, Dean, hi." I replied, uncertain.

"I hope this isn't a bad time." He said politely.