Chapter Nine

I shifted a little trying to get comfortable under the covers but it wasn't working. I rolled over onto my side and pulled the covers over my head, trying to eliminate the sound. Arianna had been on the phone talking to Ryan for over two hours.

"Yeah, I gotta go." I heard Arianna try to whisper but fail miserably. "No, you say bye." I heard her say. I huffed and rolled onto my back. This was the third time they were supposed to say bye and I had a feeling that if I didn't intervene I wouldn't get any sleep. "No, you say bye first." She giggled softly.

I threw the covers off of me and sat up, putting the bedside lamp on. Arianna squinted at the sudden light. I got out of the bed and walked to the door.

"I'm going to the kitchen, one of you had better have said bye by the time I come back." I warned her from the door. Her messy ponytail flopped around when she grabbed a pillow and threw it at me. I ducked quickly and chuckled as I closed the bedroom door.

The air conditioning in the house had kept everything at a bearable temperature. My jammie shorts and t-shirt kept me cool as I walked to the kitchen. I heard some laughter from the living room so I decided to pop my head in to take a look.

The TV was on and it showed two animated characters beating the crap out of each other. I took a moment to appreciate the exaggerated violence on the screen.

"K.O." a deep voice on the game said. I heard a loud obnoxious laugh.

"Suck on that!" Megan yelled. I stepped into the living room to investigate.

Megan and AJ were sharing a couch, each of them lying down in a creative way. Alessio was sprawled out on the carpet. Megan had a controller in her hand and so did Alessio.

"What's going on?" I asked, amused.

"I'm kicking their asses, that's what's going on." Megan boasted.

"More like cheating." AJ muttered with a pout.

"Yeah, I want a rematch!" Alessio declared.

"Sure, pretty boy, I'll give you a rematch but you know the deal, loser takes the shot." Megan stated sitting up. Alessio groaned and reached for a tequila bottle on the coffee table.

"So, whose idea was this?" I asked folding my arms over my chest. Megan laughed.

"It was AJ's. He said he could beat me at any game, anytime, anywhere and Alessio chimed in so of course I had to prove who was the better gamer between the three of us." She stated simply.

"Nerds." I chuckled. Now that I really looked around Megan looked completely sober while Alessio seemed a little tipsy but poor AJ looked wasted. "How many games have you guys played, exactly?" I asked.

"Just three but with these two's constant rematches I'm pretty sure well over fifty." Megan shrugged. I shook my head with a slight laugh. Our second night at the beach house and they were already finding creative ways to get hammered.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go water and go back to bed, you guys can go on with...this." I chuckled.

"Bring some more tequila." Alessio said holding up the empty bottle of liquor. "This isn't over." He zoned in on Megan who just threw her head back laughing.

"You heard the man!" she laughed. "He just can't get enough" she added. I laughed as I retreated to the kitchen to get a drink of water and get their tequila.

I switched the light in the kitchen on and started by getting a bottle of water from the fridge. The tiles were cold beneath my bare feet, it was nice. I went to the overhead cupboard where I last remembered seeing tequila. I put my bottle next to me and reached up to open the cupboard.

I sighed heavily with a pout on my lips.

The tequila was on the top shelf...where I couldn't reach it.

I got onto my tippy toes and stretched as far as I could. I was so close. The tips of my fingers touched the clear bottle only to push it away a couple of millimeters. I glared at the bottle above me.

I was getting ready to hoist myself up onto the counter to get it when a warm body came from behind and pressed against me. I let out a small gasp from being startled. A muscular arm reached above my head and snatched the bottle from the shelf with ease.

After the hand lowered the bottle and put it on the counter the body behind me didn't move forcing me to push myself back against this person's chest so that I had room to turn around. When I eventually turned around I was face to face with Mason, wearing his signature smirk. I was a little disappointed to find that he was wearing a t-shirt.

"You're up." I said.

"I am...so are you." He replied simply. I waited for a second and when he didn't move I thought speaking was a good idea.

"Are you going to move?" I asked him. Mason just looked down at me, his blue eyes holding their familiar playful spark. "Well?" I said after he didn't move.

He moved this time but not the way I wanted him to. Instead of stepping back to let me leave, he took a step forward and put his arms on either of me on the counter, caging me in. I cocked my head to the side.

"I moved." He said lowly.

"Yeah, but the wrong kind of movement." I hissed, trying to suppress a smirk. Mason let out a low chuckle, his baritone reverberating in his chest.

"Is that so?" he asked with a playful grin. I was about to give him a snappy comeback when my eyes fell on his lips. Mason must've noticed me looking because oh, so slowly, he ran his tongue over his bottom lip and then curled his lips into a smirk. I swallowed when he moved in closer, pressing our bodies together. "And I suppose you're going to show me the right kind of movement?" he asked slyly.

I was at a loss for words when his warm breath fanned over my lips. I swear he was leaning down to kiss me but I wouldn't know for sure because his movement stopped when Megan yelled my name.

"Where's the tequila, baby Pearson?" she yelled. I swallowed as Mason stepped back. I took the moment to quickly grab the bottle of tequila and hightail it out of the kitchen. I was almost when-

"Kye." Mason said. I stopped walking and turned around. He was leaning against the island now. "Your water." He added simply nodding at the bottle sitting on the counter opposite him.

"Right." I muttered. I scuttled to the bottle, took it and got out of the kitchen as quickly as I could. I could feel Mason's eyes watching me as I left. I passed the living room, tossing the tequila to Alessio who caught it. "Goodnight." I said to the three as I went to the bedroom.

I was surprised to find that Arianna was actually off of the phone and sleeping when I walked in. She opened her eyes to look at me when I entered.

"You look like you just went on a twenty mile run." She said sleepily. I quickly jumped into the bed and switched off the light.

"It's just really hot." I muttered. Arianna mumbled a bunch of tangled words and I couldn't figure out what she was saying. I exhaled nervously.

It's just really hot...

...he's just really hot.

A/N Hehehehehehe