Chapter Thirty-Three

"So you guys hooked up after my engagement party." Mckenzie realised as she took a sip from her cup of tea.

It had been a week since Mason left yet he and I were still a topic amongst the girls. Megan, Arianna, Mckenzie and I were sitting in the kitchen just having a casual chat. It had started with shoes but had taken a detour to me and Mason along the way.

"How did we miss it?" Megan thought aloud. I shrugged. "I mean Mason is the ultimate flirt but after that night his flirting was kinda dialled down a notch."

"You would know cause you're also the 'ultimate flirt'." Mckenzie added, using air quotes. Megan smirked.

"What can I say, it's who I am."

"Whatever." Mckenzie muttered. "Kylie, I still think you and Mason make the cutest couple ever." She beamed.

"Thank you." I replied with a smile. "Arianna, you've been quiet, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." She sighed running a hand through her dark hair. "I just...I got a call from Dean LeClare."

"What did he say?" I asked excitedly.

"He -uhm...he changed his mind about the creative director thing. So now I'm back to square one with nothing to do but sit around and try to look pretty." Her shoulders sagged in defeat.

"But you do that really well." Megan remarked. Both me and Mckenzie sent daggers in her direction. "I mean, I'm sure you can find something to do." She tried to fix it.

"Megan's right. You'll find something you love doing, I promise." I put an arm around Arianna and hugged her. She offered me a weak smile.

"Girls." Alex walked into the kitchen looking very well dressed. He was wearing chinos, rolled above his ankles with a simple button-up shirt and some loafers yet he still looked very dapper.

"Hey, Alex." We greeted.

"Look at you, you got that whole posh rich boy look down." Megan teased. Alex smirked.

"That was not the intention but thanks." He chuckled.

"What's up though, where are you going?" she asked him.

"France, actually." He replied.

"France?" I inquired. He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah, I've been selected for an apprenticeship with Chef Jacques Oliviér."

"Oh my god, Alex, that's huge!" Arianna suddenly perked up. "Chef Oliviér is a freaking huge deal and not just in France. I remember when we were going to Naples to visit my grandparents once, my mother made us take a detour to Paris just to visit his restaurant." She gushed.

"Oh wow, Alex, if Arianna's mom thinks he's a big deal then he's a freaking big deal." I added. Alex reddened.

"Yeah." He chuckled.

"Congratulations, Alex." Mckenzie beamed. "Will you be able to come to the wedding?" she asked with worry. He nodded.

"I get a week every three months to come back home so I'll pick the week when the wedding is being held." He replied. Mckenzie gave him a grateful smile.

"We're gonna miss you." I pouted.

"I'll miss you guys too." We were all up to hug him. Out of my brother's friends Alex was one of my favourites because he had a sweetness to him that none of the others had.

"Have you said bye to the guys." We asked him.

"Yeah, they're gonna drive me to the airport so I'd better get going." He smiled once more. "Bye, girls."