Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Got my mind on your body and your body on my mind." Arianna sang, swaying her hips as she looked for a pair of socks in one of the drawers. She was already wearing her purple dress but her hair was up in a towel, drying from her shower.

"Got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite." I sang along with her, slipping into my white jumpsuit.

It was the 4th of July and spirits were soaring in the house and it was evident as everyone got ready for the party that was only two hours away. The music was blasting from the speakers that were connected to my cellphone, filling the room with the beat as the song reached the chorus.

"Take me down into your paradise. Don't be scared 'cause I'm your body type. Just something that we wanna try, 'cause you and I, we're cool for the summer!" my best friend and I sang together in unharmonic unison but that was mostly my fault.

After finally deciding on a hairstyle for my outfit I turned to Arianna who was sitting on the bed, putting on her socks.

"Do you have styling mousse?" I asked her. She looked up at me, scrunching her nose.

"No." she chuckled. "Alessio might have."

"Cool." I left the room quickly with my bare feet against the hard wood as I passed Mckenzie and Megan's room, heading towards the stairs. I was up the stairs quickly, finding Alessio's room and knocking on the door. His Drake was so loud that he probably didn't hear me the first time.

"Alessio!" I banged on the door, growing impatient. Suddenly the door swung open. My jaw dropped slightly when Alessio stood there with nothing but a towel around his waist. My reflex was to avoid looking at his defined, tanned abs and cover my eyes.

"*Vai via!" he yelled upon opening the door. He then sighed. "What?" I peeped through two of the fingers that were covering my eyes. "Would you stop?" Alessio slapped my hands away from my face. "What do you want?" he asked again, leaning on the doorframe.

"Styling mousse." I said. He rolled his eyes, reluctantly moving away from the door back into his bedroom. I stood, waiting for him and he finally returned with the bottle of mousse in his hands. He handed it to me but as I reached for it he jerked away.

"You bring it back empty, I'll kill you." He threatened playfully, finally handing me the bottle. I quickly took it and smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled. Alessio closed his door and immediately went back to blasting his music. As I turned to walk back down the stairs I heard something.

"Psst." Someone hissed. I turned around and Mason's head was sticking out from his room. He wore a mischievous grin on his lips as he gestured for me to follow him into his bedroom. I looked around before sneaking in.

"Hi." I smiled, closing the door behind me.

"Hey," he came up to me. "Look at you."

"Look at me? I'm nowhere near being ready." I chuckled nervously. Mason cupped my face.

"Well, you look beautiful anyways...always." He kissed the tip of my nose and then smiled. "Help me pick out a shirt." He said.

He was wearing sweatpants with no shoes or a shirt. I hadn't even noticed that my hand was resting on his abdomen, feeling his warm skin under my strangely cold fingertips. Mason moved to the bed where he had two shirts laid out. He picked both of them up.

"This one?" he held the cream one up, with blue stitching along the breast pocket. "Or this one?" he held up the pale blue shirt with navy blue elbow pads. I looked at both of the shirts, thinking.

"Well," I started, putting the bottle of mousse on the bed. "This one is pretty stylish." I pointed at the blue one. "But this one matches my outfit." I grinned slyly. Mason chuckled. "This one." I touched the blue one, the fabric was soft to the touch.