Chapter Nineteen

I took  out  my  favourite  pair  of sandals,  sat  down  on  the bed and  put  them  on  thus completing  my  outfit. A plain  pair of  white  jeans,  the sandals and  a  pretty  white  blouse.  I liked  it,  it  was  suitable for the  brunch I was attending  with  Mckenzie’s  parents.

I stood up  and  started  working  on  my  hair.  I thought  a  simple  high  ponytail  would  look  good,  clean  and  sleek. As I did  my  hair Arianna  walked into  our  shared  bedroom.  I glanced at  her,  she  wore  the same  dress  she  wore the day  before  when she  left  for  her  date  with Ryan.

“Ooooh.”  I teased.  “Looks  like  somebody  just  went  through  the  walk  of shame.”   She  stuck  her  tongue  out  at  me.

“Whatever.”  She  blushed. Her  dark hair  was  up  in a messy  bun  and  all of  her make-up  was removed.  

“So  I  take  it  the  date  went  well?”  I asked,  finished with  my  hair.  Arianna went  over  to  the  bed and  sat  on  the edge. She  sighed heavily  and  threw  herself back  onto  the  covers.

“It  was  amazing…he  was  amazing…amazing.”  She  said  dreamily. I chuckled.

“I can  officially  say  that  you  are  in  love.”  I teased.  

“It’s  too  early  for  such.”  She  shot  up  quickly.  “But  I definitely  like  him, a  lot.”  She  confirmed.

“Yeah?”  

“Yeah!  I  mean, he’s  sweet,  he’s  funny, he’s actually  so  smart  and  oh  my  soul, he has a  killer bod  too.  Like  he’s a freaking  catch!”  Arianna declared.  

“I’m  glad  you  like  him  because  he  seems  to  like  you  a  lot.”  I went  over  to  the bed  and  sat  next  to  her. 
Arianna put  her  feet  up  onto  the  bed, crossing  her  legs  neatly.  She  blinked  a  couple  of  times  as she  looked  at  me,  her expression  had  softened a lot.  “What?”  I asked.

“Doesn’t  it bother you?”  she  asked.  

“What?”  

“Having  to  hide  your relationship.”  Her  reply  sent  my  heart  into  a  frenzy  as  goosebumps popped up  all  over  my skin.

“What?”  I  mustered  out. I  was  looking  at  her,  my  mouth agape.

“I  mean  you  and  Mason, doesn’t  it  bother  you  that  you  have  to  hide  the  fact  that  you  guys are  together?”  

I was  about  to  say  a  whole  lot  of nothing  when  Connor popped his head  into  the  room.

“Hey, let’s go, I don’t  wanna be late.”  He  said.  

“Gimme  a sec.”  I said  waving  him  off.

“Now,  Kylie.”  He  demanded. I groaned and  rose  from  the bed.  I spoke  to  Arianna.

“We need  to  talk  when I  get  back.”  I said  softly.

“Clearly.”  She  replied  simply. I turned and  left  the bedroom,  following  Connor  who  was already  out  the  front door.  

I got  into  the back  of his car, Mckenzie  was  riding  shotgun  while  Connor sat  in  the  driver’s  side.  

“All ready?”  Mckenzie asked. Connor  smiled and  nodded.