Chapter Twenty-Six

It was a beautiful and sunny day. Arianna, Mckenzie, Megan and I were sitting at a table outside at a restaurant, having lunch. Mckenzie's cell phone sat in the middle of the table with Victoria and Candice on the line in a conference call.

We were finalising the wedding details as the date drew nearer. It was still far away but not far enough for comfort.

"Okay, so you're keeping track of all the RSVPs, right Candice?" Mckenzie asked.

"Yes, dearest, I've got that covered. Since the invitations went out we've gotten 67 RSVPs." Candice replied, her southern twang coming through the phone.

"Sweet. And the decorations," Mckenzie read from the list in her hand.

"Victoria and I have got that covered." Megan chimed in.

"Anything involving the venue, we've got." Victoria added.

"Okay, Arianna," Mckenzie started.

"Food, don't worry, got it. Since I thought about giving the guests a choice on the day of what they wanna eat, I was thinking of having options inside everyone's place cards then have them tick what they want, hand it in to the waiters and we'll have the kitchen do a tally and then get cooking." Arianna gushed excitedly.

"Oh, that's a good idea." I nodded in her direction.

"Yeah, I like that." Mckenzie agreed. "Good thinking, Arianna." She added.

"I'm a genius, I know." Arianna flipped her hair.

"Okay guys, that's about it. The seamstresses said that we wouldn't need another fitting before the wedding because their measurements are never wrong so I think that's code for 'Don't get fat'." Mckenzie joked.

We all chuckled, even the girls on the phone. "Okay, so now that that's that, can I go now? It's like 3am here." Victoria groaned, she was somewhere in Europe.

"Sure, bye, Vicky." Mckenzie said. We all said our goodbyes to Victoria and she hung up.

"Cands, are you still hanging around?" Megan asked Candice.

"I need to go, dearies, Andy's got a bit of a stomach bug. Bye, everyone." I could hear her shuffling around on the line.

We all bid her our goodbyes and she hung up.

"Who is Andy? Candice keeps talking about this person but she's never said who it was." Mckenzie huffed taking a sip of her lemon water.

"Yeah, who is it?" I probed.

"It's her kid." Megan answered. There was a silence at the table as we all processed what she had just said.

"Candice has a son?" Arianna gasped in disbelief.

"Daughter." Megan corrected. "Andrea." She added. We all kept quiet and processed again.

"When did this happen?" I asked.

"She's always had a kid, guys. This is not new news."

"It's new news to us." Mckenzie countered. "When did you find out?"

"Remember when Kylie had that onezie sleepover a couple of months ago? The first time you and Victoria were in the same room without wanting to kill each other." Megan hinted.

"I remember." Arianna chimed up. So did I. The sleepover was a couple of months ago and we had all dressed up in animal onezies and it was the first time all six of us had been together. It was super fun.

"Yeah, she told me then. She and I were the first ones to wake up and she had to leave early so I kept her company while she got ready and she told me she had to go early because she had to pick her daughter up from a friend's house because she had a hairdresser's appointment." Megan explained.