Chapter Thirty-Seven

The door swung open and Candice stood there with the biggest grin ever.

"Kylie!" she exclaimed pulling me into an embrace. "I haven't seen you in forever, dearest."

"Same." I chuckled, pushing her red locks out of my face. She pulled back and gave me a once over.

"It's so good to see you again." She beamed.

"You too, Candz." I smiled. Candice stepped aside and let me into the house. The dinner was being held at Mckenzie's place. Her apartment was definitely more organised than mine but then again Mckenzie was probably more organised than all of us put together.

I followed Candice to the cute little dining area where all of the girls were having glasses of wine.

"Kylie!" They all chimed when they saw me. I chuckled.

"Hey, everyone." I replied. It was good to see all of the girls again especially Victoria since I hadn't seen her the longest. She still had her bouncy, blonde hair and her devilish smirk accompanied with her amazing blue eyes.

"How are you doing, girl?" Mckenzie asked with a smile.

"I'm alright." I was being polite because I didn't want to let her know that I desperately wished that I was at home eating ice cream and getting ready for bed instead of being here. I was beyond tired these days. Alana had me running around everywhere, working and it was taking its toll on me.

"Great. Well, dinner should be here any minute." She glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Wait, you ordered food?" Arianna asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Unless you guys wanted mac 'n cheese for dinner then yes, I ordered food." She replied, pulling out a chair and taking a seat at the table. "We're having Chinese!"

"But your mac 'n cheese is good." Megan teased, taking a seat next to Mckenzie. We all laughed, taking our seats around the table. Arianna sat next to me and courteously poured me a glass of red wine.

"Okay, I found something uber distressing yesterday." Mckenzie started after we all settled into our chairs.

"I find it distressing that you used 'uber' in a sentence and you weren't referring to the cab service." Megan muttered, taking a sip of wine from her glass as her eyes stayed fixed on Mckenzie.

"Shut up, Megan." Mckenzie growled. There was a collective chuckle. "Anyway," she gritted out, giving Megan one last glare. "I realised that we got over 250 RSVPs but we haven't started working on the seating chart."

Her confession was met with groans. "There's still more RSVPs coming in, by the way." Candice informed everyone.

"How many people did you guys actually invite?" Victoria asked.

"Well, our lists were originally so big so we limited it to 150 each but Connor said he'd be fine with 100 so he let me have his fifty." Mckenzie grinned.

"So let me get this right, 200 of the 300 guests were invited by you?" Arianna questioned.

"Oh wow." Megan breathed. There was a knock at the door.

"Ooh, food." Mckenzie hopped up quickly. She scuttled to the door to get the food.

"Hey," Arianna touched my arm as everyone else participated in light conversation. "Are you okay? You're uncharacteristically quiet."

"Yeah," I lied. "I'm okay."

"Kylie." Arianna frowned. I sighed, speaking in a hushed voice.

"It's nothing, I'm just worried about Mason."