Chapter Seven

"Blondes! Where are the rest of my blondes?" Kara yelled. I sighed and scratched the back of my neck.

There was nothing I hated more than our agency's annual catalogue shoot. The modelling agency insisted on releasing a catalogue of the models they have every summer to give clients an easier way of finding the exact kind of models they were looking for. We each had our own page in the catalogue that listed name, age, height, hair colour, eye colour and a list of what type of modelling we did so my page would go something like this:

Name: Kylie Marie Pearson
Age: 21
Height: 5,7'
Hair colour: Deep mahogany
Eye colour: Chocolate brown
M. Type: Commercial print

And then after all the individual profiles there would be group pictures in the catalogue where we were grouped by hair colour. Which explained why the photographer, Kara Langley, was going out of her mind trying to locate all of the blonde models.

"I'm counting twelve blondes, we're missing two!" Kara yelled once more. I scanned the models that were already on the set and only two were missing. Alexis and Danny. I rolled my eyes.

"Twenty bucks says their hooking up in the bathroom." Emily said. I looked over at the red-head and chuckled. I was about to reply when the two missing blondes appeared from the dressing rooms. Both of them looked flushed but Danny's crimson colour didn't show much because of his intense tan.

"Do I wanna know where you two were?" Kara asked them as they hurried onto set and found their spots.

"I don't think so." Alexis replied.

"It was rhetorical, Einstein." Kara muttered as she started snapping away at the group.

I smirked up at Emily who subtly gave me a fist bump with a similar smirk on her lips. Emily towered over me which was why she was actually on the catwalk and not in prints like me, I wasn't vertically gifted like her.

Emily and I chatted while we waited for Kara to finish with the blondes.

"Milan? That's the freaking fashion capital of the freaking world!" I gasped looking up at Emily who blushed.

"Yeah." She breathed. "I was totally surprised when I heard about it, I mean that means I'm this much closer to walking in Fashion Week." She said excitedly.

"God, I envy you." I replied. My cell phone started buzzing in the back pocket of my jeans. I checked the text from Mckenzie. She wanted to have lunch and talk about some stuff. I texted back my reply, agreeing to join her.

"Could my brunette models get ready, please?" Kara called as she continued to snap away at the group.

"That's me." I said to Emily.

"See, at least your category has a name...I'm 'other'." She rumbled pointing at her fiery red hair. I chuckled.

"Your red compliments Tasha's grey." I smiled. Emily glared at me. I laughed out loud.

...

The shoot was done in about two hours which meant that I was just in time to get to the restaurant Mckenzie had picked out for lunch. She was already seated at a table outside with a glass of Coke in front of her.

She smiled as she saw me approach the table. She looked pretty as always, wearing simple black jeans with a white peplum top and nude pumps. Her brunette hair was pinned neatly behind her head, I noticed a couple of light highlights.

"Hey." I said. She stood up and gave me a hug.

"Hey." She replied as she sat back down. I pulled out the chair opposite her and sat down.