Chapter Thirty-Two

My head felt like it was split into two and my body felt stiff beyond belief. Sitting up was dreadful because every muscle in my body ached. The sunlight that streaming through the window hurt my eyes, intensifying the headache that I had.

I slowly got out of the bed and hobbled to the bathroom. Even after my shower, I was in the middle of possibly the worst hangover of my life.

The kitchen was alive with jolly voices.

"So she gets on the table and this random chick starts pumping her with tequila!" Arianna was telling Alessio, Alex and AJ as they hung onto her every word before bursting into a laughing fit.

The loud sounds of their hearty laughs sort of echoed around, leaving my head pounding.

"Hey!" Arianna said when she saw me. "I was just telling them about your intoxicated adventure." She chuckled. The boys laughed even more at the sight of me. I sat down next to Alex by the kitchen island.

"I'm starting to regret that adventure." I muttered, putting my head down on the cold granite. Alex rubbed my back.

"I knew you were crazy but from what I'm hearing you were a freaking beast last night." He laughed.

"Kid, you look like you got hit by a truck." Alessio added.

"I feel like I got hit by a truck." I replied lazily. A mug was set in front of me and the strong aroma of coffee wafted into my nose. I looked up and Arianna stood there with a smirk.

"It's super strong, I think you'll need it." She winked. I smiled up at my best friend, taking the hot cup of coffee. I took a sip and winced at how strong it actually was, it almost tasted medicinal.

Megan walked into the kitchen and immediately chuckled when I looked up at her.

"Look at you, you look so radiant." she spoke with an annoying amount of sarcasm. I stuck my tongue out at her.

I heard laughs from the living room after the front door closed.

"No, but I mean I let you eat my dust and best believe you ate that dust." I heard Mason's amused voice.

"You know what, Donavan, I'll take you again and this time I'll make sure you don't cheat." Connor replied.

The two walked into the kitchen, laughing and high-fiving like they were the world's biggest buds. I looked around the room and nobody else seemed phased by their sudden friendliness towards each other as if a couple of days ago they weren't beating each other to a pulp.

My eyes locked with Arianna's and I mouthed to her. "Did they make up?"

Arianna nodded and I felt a heavy load lift off of my shoulders. I felt my lips curl into a smile as I looked at the pair. They had made amends and I couldn't be happier.

"Morning everyone." Connor greeted.

"Where do you two come from?" I asked him. He smiled at me.

"One last run with this guy. It turned into a race and he cheated." Connor shoved Mason playfully and I smiled at the gesture.

"I didn't cheat, you're just slow." Mason kept an arrogant grin playing on his lips.

"Mason's pretty fast, I'd know, first hand." I chuckled remembering the first day we'd gotten to the beach house and how I had to race Mason to the front door.

Everyone chuckled or laughed but I saw Mason's smile falter when he made eye contact with me.

"I'm gonna go finish packing." He said, patting Connor's back before heading towards the door.