Chapter Thirteen

All of the girls were sitting outside on the grass in a circle. The sun had just risen as we went through with the preparations for the wedding. It was still quite early, every now and then someone would yawn, even Mckenzie.

“Have you booked a venue?” Victoria asked Mckenzie. Mckenzie gasped.

“Oh god, no. I haven’t even gotten ‘round to that.” She said frantically. “I haven’t even finalized the guest list and I have to send the invitations out next week.”

“Okay, calm down.” Megan said rubbing Mckenzie’s back. “Just finalize the guest list today so that you can book a venue tomorrow, and get the invites out as quickly as possible so that you have RSVPs and some ideas on numbers for catering.”

“I haven’t even talked to any caterers.” Mckenzie breathed.

“What have you done?” Arianna asked her.

“I set up a dress fitting for next week and a cake tasting for the week after.” She sighed. “That’s about it.”

“Where were you thinking of having the ceremony and the reception?” Victoria asked.

“Uhm, I was thinking the Meyer Hills Botanical Gardens for the ceremony and the Courtyard Hotel for the reception, it’s literally across the road from the gardens.” Mckenzie replied.

“The Botanical Gardens will be beautiful in the fall, with the browning leaves and some of them already falling.” Candice said dreamily.

“I know.” Mckenzie squeaked. “I absolutely love that place.” She added.

“What’s so special about it?” Arianna asked.

“It’s where Connor and I had our first date.” Mckenzie replied. “And where he proposed.”

“Oh my gosh, death by cuteness!” Arianna giggled. Mckenzie blushed.

“I know, right?” Megan chuckled.

“Have you thought about how you want the tables for the reception to look?” Candice asked. “I mean ‘cause you’ve got the whole white rose, red rose thing going and with the cream you could have some really good fall decorations going on.”

“Mmm, I haven’t thought about that much, I’ve just being trying to wrap my head around everything else but I really should start thinking about that.”

“Have you at least thought about how your invitations are going to look?” Arianna asked. Mckenzie nodded. She started shuffling through the pile of papers in front of her.

“I was thinking something very simple, cream paper, black and gold writing, red trimming or something.” She said handing a page to Arianna. “I did some basic designs and doodles but I’m not too sure.”

Arianna scanned the page. “Uhm…these don’t look like designs.” She said reading through the page once more. “It’s like a love letter or something.” Arianna chuckled.

“Those are my vows.” Mckenzie gasped reaching for the page. Megan quickly snatched the page from Arianna and rose to her feet.

“Oh wow, Kenzie, these are so deep.” She giggled as Mckenzie chased her around trying to snatch the page from her.

“Megan! Give it back, you rat!” Mckenzie screeched. Everyone was dying with laughter. We watched the two run around like children. Mckenzie was catching up to Megan, her long legs giving her the advantage. Megan was heading for the door, trying to get into the house.

At the same time as Megan was going in, Connor was coming out which resulted in a collision that left Megan on her butt while Connor stood firm. Mckenzie gasped and stopped in her tracks, covering her mouth. Megan pulled a face. Connor looked horrified but gently helped Megan to her feet.