Chapter 9- A Peculiar Mission

The four guards posted in front of the throne room were visible shocked when they saw Blue stomping down the hall with the prince. The guards slowly stepped aside as she drew closer. Anger clearly visible in her expression, annoyance written on Felix's. She snarled as she flung the thick marble doors open. Revealing a throne room encased in marble and gold. A red rug lead to the small set of stairs below the throne. The king looked bored sitting onto of his throne. But, the instant they stepped through those doors, his mood brighten considerable. "What a pleasant surprise to see the two of you! What do I owe this pleasure?"

Blue snarled as she got closer. Felix held a hint of a smile in his eyes. She didn't notice her entire focus was on her king. She didn't even bow like Felix. Her words were sharp and to the point. "What do you think you're doing, Julius?"

Felix looked at her, his mouth dropped from her harsh words to the king.

Julius, however, smiled. "Blue, I have no idea what you mean."

She snarled, her body shook with anger. "What have you been saying to him?" She pointed to Felix, who only watched.

The kings eyes darted between the two of them. "I tell my son a lot of things. You are going to have to enlighten me."

"Julius!" She yelled his name out of frustration. He knew very well what she was talking about. "What have you been saying about me?"

"I can assure you it is nothing bad. I'm surprised to see the two of you together." His blonde eyebrows forced together. "What are the two of you doing together?"

"We just so happen to be heading to the same place." She growled desperately hoping he didn't hear the lie slip through her teeth. She needed to get him away from this subject. She had no intention of being lectured. Why was she hiding something this big from him. She wasn't just doing it for Felix. "Don't try and change the subject. I'm not done and you will answer all of my questions."

Julius's eyes lit up as if something dawned on him. His confusion turned to remembrance. "Oh, Blue. There was something I needed to tell you."

How can he so easily change the subject? It was obvious to her she wasn't going to get anything she wanted. He had other plans for her, she grumbled. "What?"

"I have an assignment for you. I'm glad you're here as well, Felix. This will also be concerning you."

The prince instantly perked up, listening to his fathers words. Instead of standing stiffly in shock and watching the scene that folded out in front of him. Blue, however, had a harder time listening. She was seething with anger. Her words came lashing out like whips. "Why does my mission involve the both of us?"

"This is a little different than the rest." Julius sighed, leaning back in his throne. "You wont be going alone this time. Felix and three other beast tamers will be accompanying you."

"Wha-? Since when have I needed help?"

"You'll need help this time. If you weren't listening before it different. The beast is not only causing natural disasters but, it's killing innocent people. What ever it is, it needs to be stopped."

"Why does Felix need to come with me?" She asked a question she knew he was dying to know.

"While you're out protecting everyone, who's going to watch over you? You are still not out of danger."

"I can handle this on my own. If you're making the prince follow me than I have no say against it. It's between the two of you anyways." She folded her arms in annoyance. Her eyes darted between the both of them. Until, her eyes finally stalled on her king. "What I don't understand is why three other tamers are accompanying me."