Chapter 23- Emotional Threat

When Blue woke up the next morning, she felt like she formed a new layer of skin. Her whole left side felt tough and every move was resisted by something. She placed her hands down next to her head and was met with a hard, crusty surface. This peeked her interest. She pushed up and stared down at the space her head had rested. An enormous puddle of dried blood laid beneath her fingers.

Blue flew out of bed and ripped the linens off. She stuffed them deep into her laundry basket and ran to her mirror. She ripped the maroon colored bandage and cleaned up the mess around her eye. More than a third of her eye was gold. Lastly, she pulled the her blanket over her soiled bed. Hoping that if no one saw it, no one would smell it. Only a fool thought that way but, she was desperate to keep it hidden.

Julius came and fetched her again. Luckily, Blue had bathed and dressed herself before his knock resonated through her room. She didn't dress herself in her taming armor either, even though he persisted she wear it. She was in no mood to bend at the waist and surrender. She tired her hair out of her face and walked out the door. Her daggers were securely strapped to her waist. Every time she moved they would jingle like bells. Music to her ears.

Her boots started clicking against stone as they enter the older part of the castle. With Julius guiding her to the back of his home. They passed through a old door that lead to the magnificent field. This was her new training ground. It was void of any living soul, expect for one.

Felix stood there with his back turned to them. He gaze was to the sky. Blue looked up expecting to see what ever caught his interest but, there was only clear blue sky. The sun beat down on her making her blood boil. She felt the suffocating heat fill her lungs and she already wanted to go inside.

She dragged her feet all the way to the center of the field. She stood patiently, waiting for Felix to finish talking to his father. Their hushed whispers only made her more aggravated. The hot air didn't help in the slightest. Her cheeks heated up as light from the Sun smacked her in the face. The air around her was still and it only added more power to the heat.

She was grinding her teeth together to suppress her frustration. Calm your emotions, Felix had told her. She tried her best however, the heat seemed to only add fuel to the fire. Her cheeks burned, her brows were already coated in a layer of sweat, and worst of all, she was irritated and she had no control over it.

"Blue!" Felix looked up from his conversation just to yell at her. "You need to calm yourself down. Your magic is leaking all over the place."

She seethed at how easy he made it sound. Did he think she was just standing here wasting her time? No. She was actually trying here! She closed her eyes and hissed out a steady stream of breaths. She always hated the heat. Deep down she knew the feeling was mutual. She snapped when her frustration reached it's peek. Blue roared at the Sun to leave her alone. She felt the tips of her fingers grow numb and her blood burned everything in its path. It was like someone sparked a match and set her on fire.

Cold hand reached out and took a hold of her shoulders. The burning was drained from her body by the cool grip. She opened her eyes and was faced with Felix. She relaxed and breathed out calmly for the first time. His eyebrows knitted together with annoyance and he gave her a firm shake before barking. "Are you even listening to me?"

"Of course I am! I wouldn't be here if I wasn't!" She retorted back in suppressed frustration. He couldn't get rid of it all. The rest she had to control herself.

"I can't believe this." He grumbled while releasing his grip. "It's like I'm teaching a child."

She snarled but decided it was best to keep her mouth shut. She glanced over his shoulder and saw Julius sitting atop the hill he claimed. He smiled and wiggled his fingers. Blue clenched her jaw and trained her attention back on Felix. He placed his head in his hand in frustration. He pointed to the ground and commanded. "It obvious you not ready for hand to hand combat. Hand over your daggers and sit down."