Minneapolis Music Awards

I was standing by the bar with my best friend Hannah, she was doing her usual. Running her mouth with every single person she knew. She was from Minneapolis, and she isn't home a lot because she's always working. It's actually kind of nice seeing her interact with people when she gets back home but why am I even here? I don't know of any the bands or singers here. She brought me with her back home so I could "takes break off from working" and "live my life" because she doesn't want me to "wake up with no memories." Which I understand because I am extremely tired. Tired of touring and press conferences and interviews. This is a well deserved vacation. So shouldn't I be relaxing? In the bed at home. I look around the room trying to find something entertain me for the moment being. Then I see this guy walking down the stairs. He looked like butterscotch goodness. Big black curly hair, flawless caramel skin, big hazel eyes, he must've been a small guy because he was wearing heeled boots. I guessed he noticed I was staring because his eyes locked with mine. I gasped but I didn't know why. We stared for a while, it was almost like a contest to see who would give in first. He glanced at the chick next to him and back to me. He put his sunglasses on and turned back to the girl. It was nice while it lasted I guess. I turned my attention to the girl. She was a beauty. Tan skin, dark hair, and smoldering dark eyes. She was wearing this thin knee length leather dress. She looked like a bombshell.
"It was very nice seeing you again." Hannah said snapping me out my trance. She hugged the guy she was talking to and turned to me.

"You ready to go girl."

"Yeah" And I turned my head to see if the guy was still there. But he's gone.  Then my body, with a mind of its own, took a sudden step foreword and I stopped it. I had this weird feeling of wanting to go find him. My eyes scanned the room frantically until I finally caught a glimpse of him leaving with the chick in front of him. He had tilted his sunglasses down and glanced at me one last time before leaving. I put my hand over my  heart trying to slow down my heart beat, it wasn't working.

"You ok?" Hannah looked at me concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine just tired." Which I was but that's not why my hand was over my heart.

"Let's go then" she took my arm and we left and went back to the house. As I got ready for bed, he was still on my mind. Who was that guy? Why was he looking at me? Who was that chick he was with? I was twisting my hair in the mirror in deep thought and didn't hear Hannah screaming at me.

"ANWSER THE GOT DAMN PHONE" I jumped up fell out the chair in front of the mirror. I dropped my comb and the last of my sanity on the way down. I picked it up and heard a familiar soft and calming voice.

"Jasmyn?" the soft voice spoke. My heart always fluttered when I heard that voice.

"Hey Michael." I was smiling extremely hard. He made me so happy. We've been dating for almost a year. He asked me out on New Years Eve and kissed me at 12:00 making it official. He's so romantic and sweet. He treats me like a princess.

"How is Minneapolis?"

"It's great, we went to an award show and Hannah chatted it up. I'm still jet lagged and have been jet lagged all day. It's jus-Baby I'm tired" He laughed at me.

"You'll be fine. You need a break."

"Yeah I guess so. Can I really even take a two month off?"

"I believe in you." He laughed

"How's the album going?" I asked. I was holding the phone with my shoulder to my ear so I could finish twisting my hair.

"I just I just feel it. I'm really gonna do something with it. It's really gonna make an impact with this one baby."

"I believe it!"

"I glad." I could tell he was smiling. I know I can't see him but I know he is smiling. Then Michael yawned.

"Babe, you need some rest."

"I'm fine! I've just been in the studio a lot lately don't worry I'm only 24, don't try and get rid of me yet." He laughed trying to coax a laugh out of me and it worked.

"Now get some sleep."

"Your one to talk...good night."

"Good night." He laughed and we hung up. I went straight to bed. I snuggled in as if I hadn't seen a bed in a million years. I laid in bed staring at the wall for a while, but that didn't last too long. I stared drifting off to sleep. Strangely the last thing I envisioned before I went to sleep were those hazel eyes staring at me.