Lake Minnetonka?

He was driving like a mad man. Blazing down the highway and twisting through traffic like some speed demon. I was clutching onto him for dear life. I could smell his cologne. He smelled like heaven. It was sweet with a hint of musk. I looked back and watched as the city receded into the distance. We cruised for what seemed like hours. It was just us on the road. He suddenly pulled off the access road and dropped down a small embankment. We rode down this narrow dirt path until he came to a stop. A vast lake stretched before us. I got off the bike and walks around exploring, occasionally glancing at Prince. He was standing by the water, tossing stones. I starting picking at the small flowers around a wooden log.

"Where you from?" He said breaking the silence.

"New Orleans."

"You in the business?" I shot him a wide eyed expression. I'm not the arrogant type but excuse me. Songbird Supreme. Voice of a Generation. The Princess of pop here. Hello? Five number one albums. Highest selling teen artist. Over 10 number one hits. Come on now. The Christmas Princess. Dubbed Most Influential Teen Celebrity by Rolling Stone magazine. He started chuckling as if he knew I was mentally listing my résumé.

"Yeah I'm a singer." I simply stated. It got quiet again but this time I broke the silence.

"When I was 10, I read a fortune cookie that said I was going to be famous."

"How much did that cost you?"

"Fifty cents. It was a good investment."

He didn't respond so I started singing to myself.

"Cause I'm..." I stretched my arms and did a little step. "The greatest star..." I did another. "I am by far." I got a little louder. "But no one knows it."

"Some ain't got it not a lump. I'm a great big clump of talent. Laugh." I looked up and noticed he was looking at me. So I started singing to him.

"They'll bend in half. Did you ever here the one about the traveling salesman? A thousand jokes. Stick around for the jokes. A thousand faces. I reiterate. When you're gifted, Then you're gifted, These are facts-I got no axe to grind." I was basically performing to him at this point.

"What the hell are you doing?" He tried to interject but I kept on singing.

"Who is the pip with pizazz? Who is all ginger and jazz? Who is as glamorous as?"

"Are you done yet?"

"Yeah I'm tired." I laughed.

"Alright Barbara." I turned shocked

"You watch musical theatre?" I started smiling hard at him.

"I know of it I don't watch it." He retorted immediately laughing.

"Well we have that in common" I said picking the petals off the flower I was holding.

"If you wanna say that." He continued skipping rocks.

"Ya' know we should try to be friends"
"Nope" he said swiftly.

"Excuse me?" I was surprised and offended at the same time.

"Wanna know why?

"Nope" I mocked him.

"It's because you wouldn't pass the initiation"

"What initiation?"

"Well, for starters you have to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"You have to purify yourself in Lake Minnetonka." He said calmly.

I looked out across the lake and bit my lip. He's calmly throwing stones again and looked at me wndering if I'm up for the challenge. Im trying to formulate a plan. Ok Jasmyn, he's a man. A strange one but he's still a man. Hopefully, what I'm about to do will go how I think it will. I sniffed the flower while looking at him and threw it down. I pulled off my crop top in one fluid motion, watching him the entire time. He fought horribly trying to keep a straight face. I took of my boots and tossed him my gold chain. He was looking at me in disbelief. Then I dropped my pants to the ground. His face was priceless. Everything was going according to plan. I took a step toward him and then turned on my heels, running toward the water.

"Hey, wait a minute! Thats--"

"We made a deal!" I silenced him.

I scampered along a log and dove in.
I stayed under for a bit until I finally broke the surface. I was coughing and sputtering water everywhere but I felt accomplished. I crawled to shore and grabbed my clothes.

"Hold it"

"What" I said flipping my hair backwards.

"That ain't Lake Minnetonka." He smirked at me and ran towards his motorcycle. He jumps on a starts it up. Then his words fully sank in. Then I got pissed.

"You bitch! I don't believe it. How could you do that to me?!" I was desperately trying to put my clothes on.  I slipped and fell trying to put on my pants. Prince started laughing at me.

"You insufferable son of a bitch" I screamed at him as he blasted up the path.

He's leaving me again. Nope I'm not walking this time. I ran into the middle of the road flagging down a small pickup truck. I looked up at him as the motorcycle ran down the road and I hopped in and slammed the door. 

"Where to?" The man asked.

"Minneapolis, just drop me off in the city."

"Alright miss." The truck peels out. Looking ahead Prince starts to turn around. But the truck bears down upon him. He starts waving his arms wildly at me.

"Hey" he shouts

"Jackass." I screamed at him as we went past him.