Don't Shoot The Mailgirl

Usually I'm wasn't a cheerful person early in the morning. It usually takes a while but today was different for some reason. I got up and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a cup of green tea and glanced over out the window. It was a unusual but nice day out. It was cool but super sunny. That's my favorite kind of weather. I walked over and opened the fridge and I grabbed an banana. Then headed into the living room. Shortly after, Hannah came walking in with a big smile on her face and pile of manila folders in her arms.

"Seems you got something exciting today." I said, tossing my banana peel onto the coffee table. She grinned as she sat it all on the counter. I turned on the TV and started watching Tom & Jerry.

"Well I got a few directing job offers today ... music videos, for the most part and....huh?" I tore my eyes away from the TV and looked at Hannah

"What?" I asked.

"I forgot this to deliver this to Prince."

"Who's Prince?" I asked. She knew this city like the back of her hand. She was born and raised here and even though she worked in L.A she chose to still live here

"This super talented guy I went to school with all my life. He was super shy but once you heard him play. Girl!! Made the panties drop! He got a recording contract at Warner Bros when he was 17 I think? Maybe 18 I don't know?"

"Are you working with him or something." I was fully intrigued by this Prince guy.

"Yeah, well maybe. Hey, could you give it to him? I can't I gotta get started on all this work. It's really
important" I nodded over enthusiastically. I practically ran to get dressed and grab my keys. Hannah gave me the envelope and a little wave as she started filing all her work. I got into the car and looked down at the envelope. Hopefully this doesn't suck.

I drove to the address on the envelope and realized I was headed up the hill I walked towards yesterday. I'm at the purple house. When I was halfway up the hill I started to get really nervous. I rolled my eyes at myself and decided to get over myself. When I parked the car I glanced up at the house and swallowed. Okay, you can do this. It's just delivery work why am I so nervous. After I'd gotten off out my car, I walked over to the door and knocked. Nobody answered. I knocked again. Maybe he isn't home. Should I wait? I mean I could leave it on the doorstep but it's too important for that. Maybe slide it under the door. I knocked one more time and decided to slide it under the door. I mean at least nobody would steal it. I crouched down and went to slide it under the door but then I heard the handle turn and I hadn't had enough time to think before a wooden door hit my head. I fell over and tumbled down the stairs. I ended up on my back, at the bottom of a set of concrete stairs with a pounding head. The guy, who I assumed was Prinxe leaned against the door frame on his shoulder and looked at me, an amused smirk on his face. He glanced down and saw the envelope on his front step and bent down to pick it up.

"This for me?" he asked.  The guy. Those eyes. Prince is the guy. My realization came quick only to go again. My thoughts overshadowed by the pain in my head and back. Im pretty sure I have a concussion.

"Yeah." I nodded holding onto my head. That wouldn't stop throbbing.

"Thanks." And with that, he went inside and closed the door.