We're Even Now

"Jasmyn get ya' ass off my lyrics." Prince said as he slapped me on my ass and shook me awake. I opened my eyes and looked at Prince, now looking a lot more awake and... well neater than earlier this morning. But to be honest, he's sexy as hell regardless.

"What?" I asked, looking down. "Oh, sorry." Apparently I had fallen asleep on the floor in the living room. The fact that I had fallen asleep at all was a little astounding, considering that I felt way too nervous and confused to even finish a glass of water.

"So, you wanted to talk?" He said, sighing. I nodded and got up, which triggered Prince to immediately grab the pieces of paper I had been laying on.

"What are we doing?." I asked walking into the kitchen with him.

"Talking in the kitchen." he squinted his eyes at me.

"You know what I mean jackass."

"Woah haven't heard that in a while." he put his hands up in defense. "... that is what we call in the real world, sex." Prince said, turning around.

"You aren't gonna write a song about it are you?" I hopped up on the counter.

"You know, there are people who view positivity, rather than sex, as the biggest factor in my writing. But then, they're more sexual, I guess" he shrugged pouring his coffee.

"By the way you seemed to enjoy yourself." Prince stated simply. I looked up at the lights and then back at him as he took a sip of his coffee.

I stared at him as he calmly left the kitchen. I watched the door and combed my fingers through my hair.

"Is that all." Prince said as he came back in with his the newspaper.

"Yeah" I sighed. Prince sighed and walked in between my legs and set his coffee by me.

"What's wrong?." He asked as he took a sip of his coffee and placed it back on the counter.

"Nothing."

"Yes their is." Prince told me and lifted my chin.

"Since when have you become a mind reader?" I asked.

"Since the day you tumbled down my steps." he laughed and kissed my forehead. I leaned my forehead against his.

"It's just Michael slept with somebody else and that was wrong but I just don't feel like sleeping with another person is a way to get over it. Plus you have Vanity. I don't want to be the girl that comes in between that."

He looked up at me with furrowed brows. "But we didn't sleep."

My head snapped up I was smiling really hard for some odd reason. He completely ignored everything else I said. His sense of humor made me feel at ease.

"There's that smile." he kissed my forehead and I giggled.

We sat in silence for a while. His arms wrapped around my waist and his lips placed small, light kisses on my forehead. He kissed me all the way down to my nose.

"Come with me." he said but before I could answer he had already picked me up off the counter and placed me on his shoulder. 

"You know I can walk right." I said bouncing up and down as he went down some stairs into this dark room. Which scared me because I was sure he was gonna drop me at anytime, and I'm scared of walking into dark basements.

He placed me down and I felt a breeze go by me. I was terrified, so protect myself from the impending ghost attack. I dropped to the ground into fetal position.

"Prince!!! Where are you?" My voice was shaky, my heart was beating really fast and I was pretty sure I was about to cry. But before I was had my mental breakdown. The lights turned on.

"Why are you on the ground?" He grabbed my hand and helped me up. "Oh nothing." I flipped my hair, pulling myself together. He started smiling at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Your scared of the dark aren't you." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and walked off.

"Yeah your scared of the dark." He mumbled following behind me.

The basement was pretty big. From the looks of things this was only an ante chamber. The walls were covered with thick pads and foam. Colorful mobiles. hung from the ceiling. Instruments were lying around. A drum set, an electric guitar, and a small piano. To top it all off two speakers were recessed into the walls, The room looked hand-built, and since Prince is pretty i'm gonna assume that he didn't make it. I mean his makeup game is better than mine. There's no way he even touched a tool box. I opened a door and it had a blue light filtering through it. All these abstract murals are painted on the wall, these mobiles are hanging from the ceiling, and a bed was in the middle of the room. I looked behind me and saw Prince was gone. What the hell. Maybe he just went to another room. I stepped into the blue room and saw all these small wind up toys on a vanity. Right beside them was a small music box. I turned the handle and a ballerina came out, and a little tune filled the air.  I was caught in a daze and in my own little world. Suddenly someone grabbed my waist and before I could think. I screamed and swung my hand. I heard someone scream and took that as my chance to run upstairs and hide under his bed sheets. Beds have always protected me. Don't fail me now.

"What the hell Jasmyn?!" I heard Prince yell coming up the stairs. I stayed in the sheets because I knew he would be mad. I held my breathe when I felt him come in the room. Things were silent and then he suddenly ripped the covers off .

"Are you going to explain yourself." he asked, rubbing his head.

"You scared me." I said innocently.

"So you punched me in the face. My head hit a wall back there." he said sternly, still rubbing the spot where his head and the wall had collided.

"Well, hey you nearly killed me before you even knew my name so, we're even now."

"We're even now?" he said threw gritted teeth. His eyebrow started twitching. All I could do was start laughing.