Meeting Vanity

It had been two week since the lake thing. To be honest, I was still pissed about it. It was raining. I was sitting in the big chair next to the window with my notebook in my lap and a pencil in my hand, waiting for Hannah to come back from the snack stop. I had been waiting for 3 hours and I was getting really impatient. I tucked the pencil into the spine of my notebook and tossed it into the coffee table and pulled my feet closer to my body. The minute I closed my eyes the doorbell rang. When I answered the door I was greeted by a grinning Hannah.

  "Don't do that. It's creepy." I notified her as she walked in, still with that stupid grin pasted on her face. She walked over into the kitchen set the stuff down and sifted through the mail then chucked it all on to the coffee table. She pulled a small box out her bag.

"Here. This was meant for Prince. And you are going to go deliver it." She told me as he handed me box addressed to Prince. I shook my head.

"Oh hell naw, you can do it this time. I already told you, I'm done with him. Now, where are my chips?" I asked, pushing the box back at her with disgust.

"I'm not giving them to you until that package gets into Prince's hands." She laughed. I looked at the box, then I looked at Hannah, and then I looked back at the box and groaned. Hannah raised her eyebrows and I snatched the box out of her hands.

"Only because I'm hungry." I said, and walked outside. It was still raining. And still pretty cold. But oh well, this was only going to take fifteen minutes. I got in the car and tried to focus on the road.

Within ten minutes I was at Prince's place. I hammered on the door with all my might. No way in hell was I leaving it in front of the door again. He might actually end up bashing in my skull and killing me. This time though, Prince actually opened the door. His hair looked a complete and utter mess and the moment he saw me he yawned (without putting his hand in front of his mouth, I might add) but he still looked pretty... sexy. After yawning in my face he turned around and motioned for me to come in.

"Uh I've just got-" but Prince had already rounded the corner and was out of sight. I stomped in circles and threw my hands up in frustration. After my silent tantrum I walked in, closing the door behind me. I won't talk to him ever again after this I vowed. I walked into the living room and looked around. He was writing music, by the looks of things. Paper was pretty much everywhere, making it hard to tell whether the table was made of wood or glass, or whether there was even a table there. I looked around and took in every inch of his house.

"So let me guess...your favorite color is purple." I said as I stepped over wadded up paper balls. Prince chuckled at me, all traces of sleepiness now gone.

"Hmph" he chuckled sleepily. "I never noticed" he said looking around with a sleepy smug smirk on his beautiful,flawless, butterscotch ....

"So Princess did you want something?" Prince asked, snatching me from my thoughts. His hazel eyes practically burned into mine. I was HIGHLY irritated by him calling me Princess but slightly turned on at the same time because he looked so good.

"Uh here. Hannah gave this to me, and she told me to come give it to you otherwise I won't get my chips... so here you go." Prince took the small box out of my hands, but didn't once look away. I did, however. Several times, just to get away from his stare. I tried convinced myself that I was just hungry and that was the reason I was feeling like this not because I was strangely starting to like the guy. I can't stand him, damn near hated him, as a matter of fact. Plus, I have a loving boyfriend. But you have to admit Prince is really cute.

"Well thanks" he said, breaking the silence. I finally looked at him.

"Your welcome." I told him. Prince nodded and gently chucked the box on a nearby chair, before going back to his seat and picking up a pen.

I heard a faint female voice in the back room. "Baby" and it start getting closer.
The girl came in the room. She had a silk black dress shirt on. Obviously it was Prince's. She looked up at me and all her traced of sleepiness left the building.
"Who are you?"
"Oh, I'm Jasmyn nice to meet you." I held my hand out but she didn't shake it.
"Why are you here?" she snapped back at me.
"I was just um delivering a package for a friend."
"A friend huh?" She crossed her arm and walked over to Prince and wrapped her arms around him.
"Be nice Vanity" he commanded not looking away from his paper.
"Ok baby" she whined in a baby voice. Then she started kissing on his neck and the side of his face. The whole scene was awkward for me.
"I'll just be going then..." I said and headed for the door. Prince gave me a little wave and started humming something. What the fuck was that all about? The car ride home was confusing. I was so deep in thought I almost ran off the road twice, drove on the sidewalks and nearly hit quite a few cars. Luckily, I made it home alive.

"See now, was that so hard?" Hannah asked, leaning against the door frame. I pushed past her and pounced on the chips on the table.

"So what did he say?" Hannah asked, sitting down beside me.

"Not a whole lot."

"Well what happened?" I nodded and remembered his hazel eyes staring intensely into my own.

"Nothing, but his girlfriend hates me. She was kissing all over him in my face." I grabbed chip and started flipping channels. I sighed at the couple kissing in the preview of some new TV show. Hannah looked at me and smiled.

"What are you jealous or missing Michael?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said, drowning my sorrows in my chip bag. Hannah patted my shoulder.

"Your jealous" She laughed and got up. I rolled my eyes.

"I am NOT jealous." I whined.

"Look, I know Michael has been extremely busy making this new album and hasn't called you in a while and all but I mean you gotta understand who he is and know that he loves you. You both are just workaholics who need some time to themselves. So have fun while your away from LA. I brought you out here for a reason girl. What happens in Minneapolis, stays in Minneapolis."

"What about an blind date?" I suggested.

"Alright, I'll set you up. You can date  Prince." I threw a pillow at her and covered my face.  His girlfriend would kill me.

"I DON'T like him" I told Hannah.

"Alright how about mick jagger ?" I scrunched up my face and took my hands away.

"I'd rather go with the little man ."

"Prince, not little man. And you can't talk your shorter than him" 

"Shut. Up. Hannah."

"Well...." she shrugged

"He needs a new name anyway. He's ruining the image of the fairytale Prince for everyone. He doesn't even have a white steed."

"What do you suggest then?" She asked.

"Cabbage Head." She burst out laughing. I smiled a little.

"Cabbage Head Nelson? Doesn't really pack a punch if you ask me." Hannah spluttered through his laughter.

"Oh, but Prince Nelson does?"

"Prince Rogers Nelson."

"Oh thanks, now I know his middle name. Awesome. Really, really great." I rolled my eyes and went in the kitchen and put the chips on the counter. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Nah, My baby is coming. I have a date tonight."

"So your just gonna leave me alone?" I asked. Hannah shrugged.

"Yeah" and she walked out the room.