Morris Day and Jerome Benton

I was walking with Hannah down the street. She was going to check on her new job. We had gone over my episode with Prince about eleven times. It happened about three days ago but still. I couldn't stop telling the story. There wasn't much to the story and I don't even know why I am still so caught up on him. Hannah has been listening to me but yet not listening to me. She was working and her mind was more than likely focused on that. We entered this crammed rundown rehearsal hall. It had hardwood floors, a wall of mirrors, and a bank of windows where sunlight streamed through tattered yellow blinds. A band is set up on one side providing the music for the three girls dancing. It a saucy number with a simple yet irresistible beat. We stood at the entrance and watched the whole spectacle. There was a man sitting in a big chair shouting instructions as another guy by his side straddling a regular chair was tapping his foot aggressive to the beat. I reverted my attention back to the girls dancing and they look tired as hell and pretty pissed.

"One, two, three, kick! One,two,three, kick! Four, five...Oh, Lord. Cut! Cut!" The music stops the girls come to a halt and the man in the big chair got out his seat. "You ladies don't seem to realize how valuable my time is. You're going to make my boys look bad."

"Why don't you let us come up with our own steps." The blonde one retorted quickly.

The man glared at her. "We tried that...remember?" The girls all shift their weight angrily. Then I noticed it's that girl that was with Prince. I wonder if that's his girlfriend.

"Now you're in the best possible position you can be in, so what' s the matter -- your shoes on too tight or
something?" He pointed to their feet with his cane and tucked it under his arm and clapped his hand vigorously.
"Let's have some action, let's have some asses wiggling, I want some perfection! Whawhak!" he pointed to the band and immediately the beat started. The girls start dancing and the guy sits back in his chair and looks woefully at his partner next to him.

"I think I'm going to need, drink, a strong drink"

"Now Morris isn't it a little to early to be drinking." Hannah ran in and hugged the guy that was sitting in the chair. Who was now standing up.

"Hannah mmmmmmm Hannah. Hannah drive all the boys bananas." He looked over her shoulder and was staring at her ass.

"I like the view back here." He grabbed her butt. She pushed off and hit him in the chest playfully.

"That offer is still on the table now." He put on this sexy half lidded look and stared her up and down.

"As much as I'd love to sleep with you I have work to do. Plus, I don't think my boyfriend would like that."

"I keep tellin' you what Chris doesn't know won't hurt him"

"Shut up boy" she rolled her eyes and pushed past him "Hey Jerome." She hugged him. I was standing behind her awkwardly.

"And who might this pretty girl be?" Morris looked at me.

"Oh this is Ja-"

"Wait I know who she is. Ms. Dangerous Woman, Ms. Focus on me, Ms. we gonna be alright, Ms. I got one less problem without ya! Ms." And then he tried to hit one of my whistle tones. He failed miserably. Everyone busted up into laughter.

"Well y'all know how she does it." He joined in the laughter. He was actually kind of cute. A pompous ass but a cute one. He was dressed pretty sharply. He had on the nicest pair of Stacey Adams I have ever seen. Groomed to the gods.

"I'm Jerome." the other man introduced himself by hugging me.
Morris turned away from us and yelled

"Wrap it up for the day" then turned back to us and motioned towards the door. "Let's get the hell out of here."

We were all walking down the sidewalk together. We had just left a small coffee shop next to the rehearsal hall and I had gotten my usual, a vanilla frappachino, soy milk and no whipped cream.

"Hannah I'm tellin' you this just ain't happening. The bitches are okay, but they can't hold a tune."

"Well they look like they are doing their job. All they have to do is be sexy. I don't think Prince meant for them to be a talent showcase."  Hannah said sipping her coffee.

"I already know that. I wish the guy would stop thinking with his dick so much. He's making my life hard." Hannah scoffed

"Boy you JUST flirted with the cashier to get free coffee." He snapped a piece of paper with her number in front of it.

"That's not thinking with your dick sweetheart. That's survival. Whawhak!"
We all started laughing at him.

Suddenly this woman lunges at us from the alley. Morris turns a face and we all freeze.

"Morris Day, who do you think you are?! Don't you know I waited up all night for you. I'm so tired of you doing this to me. Who in the fuck do you think I am?!" she yelled at him. At the same time Jerome moved behind her.

"Jerome" At an instant Jerome put the girl in a headlock and dragged her into the alley.

"Leave me alone you ape!! What are you doing to me!?! Morris!!" She was kicking and screaming. Jerome flings her into the dumpster, slams the the lid down and walks back over to us. Morris  pats his brow with a sigh.

"Such nastiness." He started walking forward and then looked back at us as if he didn't know why we weren't following.

"Let's break y'all" and we all caught up with him. Hannah walked next to him
shaking her head trying to hold back her laughter.

"Now you know you wrong."