Modern Love

I woke up to the sound of a pair of heels. I was still wrapped up in Prince's arms and he was still sound asleep. Then I the heard heels stop at the base of the bed and a woman scream. Prince bolted up in the bed and I tried to pull the covers over my head.

"VANITY" he screamed.

"I KNEW IT!!!" Vanity yelled back at him. Prince scrambled his way over to her and tried to calm her down. He was talking to her but she looked past him and kept looking at me. I took my hair out the bun and re-did it just in case she wanted to get physical, because she was gonna catch these hands to day if she tried anything.

"Baby, baby...I need you to listen to me." He tried to turn her attention back to him but he was failing.

"You are a liar. You're a sneaky,pathetic LI-AR!" she yelled in his face.

"Calm down and let me explain." Prince said calmly..

"What 's she doing here." Vanity's tone flipped on a dime

"Because I can be, why are you here?" I butted in.

"HE'S MY BOYFRIEND" she yelled." You little tramp, what the hell are YOU doing here?!!" He was holding her back but he should've been holding back me, because I got out  the bed and charged at her. Prince grabbed me by my waist and pulled me back as soon as I lunged in the air.

"You were with this little thing over me." Vanity taunted me, which only made me madder and I kicked out his arms and ran for her and grabbed her hair and yanked her ass to the ground, but Prince picked me up and took me to the other side of the room.

"DENISE!!, can we talk about this in the living room.." Prince screamed trying to keep everyone calm. He has a tight grip on both my wrists and was looking at Vanity. She ignored his request.

"I can't believe I bought your bullshit: "It's nothing, she's just this chick that's cool with one of my old friends, she's nothing."Vanity started coming at us slowly. "That's what he called you. "Nothing. She's not even pretty." She walked as close as she could to me and Prince was squeezed in between us. "Well, at least you were honest about one thing..."

"You said that?" I asked snatching away from him.

"No, I didn't.." Prince said immediatley.

"He most certainly did!"

"Denise... shut the fu-" Prince started.

"Prince?!?" I said stepping away from him.

"Don't even say his name!" Vanity shot at me.

"Listen, Jasmyn... let me just...would
you min-" Prince started speaking but he didn't look me in the eye.

"What?" I said tears threatening to spill out.

"Giving us a little privacy?" He said looking at me with pleading eyes. I looked at him offended, I felt a pain n my chest.

"You want me to leave?"

"Yes you! I'm the girlfriend. You're a booty call. You go." She held the door open.

"Ok bitch...see you gettin' all fly at the mouth." I jumped at her but Prince caught me and pulled me back.

"DENISE, STOP IT!" Prince yelled at her. I pulled myself out of his arms and dropped to the ground.

"Fine, I'm out of here..." I took the earring he gave me last night off and threw it at him and it landed at his feet. Then I started out.

"Please, you don't dump a girl like me for someone like you." Vanity said and I spun right on my heels so we were face to face. She was taller than me but I will take that bitch head and take it through this drywall. Prince jumped in the middle of us

"Both of you! Stop it." Is scoffed and walked off.

"Jasmyn..I'm really sorry-- I.." He said as I was walking down the hallway.

"So am I." I put my hand up and walked into the living room.

"Wait.." Prince came into the living room with me, "..do you need a way home or I cou-

"I drove." I shot a glare at him. I grabbed my jacket and brushed past him.

"Jasmyn, wait a second...don't." But I had already slammed the door.

"Shit." I heard him yell while I was standing on the porch. I contemplated going back in there but I knew I couldn't handle any of that. So I decided to head home.

I knocked on the door, and was greeted by Chris. Man, Chris was a good-looking guy, extremely good-looking for someone who had obviously just woken up. He had a towel wrapped around his waist and he was wet. I'm guessing he just hopped out the shower.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Am I interrupting something?" I asked trying to avert my gaze somewhere else.

"Nah lil bit, Hannah's asleep. Come in." He said and he let me in.

I followed him as he led me towards the bedroom. He pointed to Hannah in the bed. She was naked as well. The room was practically destroyed, so i'm guessing they had fun while I was gone. Hannah's eyes popped open and she looked confused to see me.

"What are you doing here?" Hannah asked with a yawn.

"I live here." I sighed.

"Oh yeah." She rubbed her eyes. I walked around and picked up the broken lamp off the floor.

"What happened here yesterday."

"Long story girl." She waved me off, and Chris walked back in the room.

"Anyone want coffee?" He asked brushing his teeth.

"I'll make it. You two get dressed." I answered quickly and headed out the room, scarred for life at the things I just saw in that room. I guess I can't have any honey in my tea today, and there are no more strawberries in the fridge.I started up the coffee maker and looked out the window at the nature. The birds were chirping happily. Which made me crack a small smile.Then the phone rung and I made my way slowly towards the phone and anwsered,

"Hello?"

"Well hello love." David voice swept through the line. Yes, my friend David Bowie. I haven't heard from him since my vacation started. He's the reason I drink tea. I'm still working on getting him to stop smoking, but the Brit is a chimney.

"Hey David." I said and then Chris wandered in the kitchen.

"Is the coffee ready?" I shook my head no at him and he went towards the fridge.

"Who in bloody hell was that?"

"Hannah's boyfriend, you remember Hannah my director."

"Ofcourse I do, lovely girl, should I be jealous of her boyfriend?" He chuckled behind the line.

"I would be." I laughed lightly.

"You okay? You sound down love."

"Mmm. Maybe a little." I shrugged.

"I know just the cure." I could feel him smiling on the other side of the phone.

"What's that?...because I'm not drinking." I asked.

"No...it's me. I'm in Minneapolis for a meeting with a potential drummer. Why don't you come have lunch with me love. I promise I won't smoke...........a lot."

"Sure." I agreed.