Lunch Therapy Session

We met up at a nearby cafe. I suggested this place because it was not too fancy but not too cheap looking. Plus, there was outside seating which was always a go to. He greeted me by kissing me on the cheek and saying "hello love" as usual. He never called me by my name, he always called me love. He was a gentlemen like he always is, pulling out my seat and such. Which was my favorite part about him, besides his accent. I love his British accent. He says I have one too but I just think it's because i'm from the South.

The waiter came and took our order. I had ordered the fettuccine Alfredo pasta, while David ordered a chicken salad. As soon as the waiter left David decided to light his cigarette and he earned a glare from me.

"What love? First one of the day I promise." He leaned back in his seat and put both if his hands up in defense. I laughed at him and we started to talk about our lives. He was rehearsing for the Serious Moonlight tour and looking for new band members. I had told everything that happened to me while I was here. From Michael to Prince, Morris Day and Jerome, even my whole Vanity debacle this morning. I didn't leave out a single detail and he listened intently, one thing about David was that he was a great listener.

"Well love, i'm sorry that happened to you." He said looking in my eyes. I shrugged it off.

"It's fine. You think I'd be used to it by now." I looked off at the sky, and it got really quiet between us. I looked back down at him and noticed he was staring with furrowed brows.

"What?" I asked. I felt a fluttery feeling in my stomach. Him and those eyes can get you man.

"Nothing love...." He tapped the ashes onto the ground, very elegantly might I add. "You're just... a very lovely, and beautiful girl. Very full of talent, and sweet as can be. You have lovely singing voice, a blessing as some would call it. It seems as if you have the whole world at your feet, yet your unhappy." I looked over at him and he leaned his head on his palm.

"Unhappy?" I repeated.

"I mean think about it love, you used to smile all the time, and that's why you caught my attention. I've never seen you without a smile on your face and honestly." He leaned foreword. "I'm worried about you love."

"Don't be.." I sighed and looked down. "I'll be fine..." I tapped his hand and put on a pained smile. He could tell I faked it, David could always see through me. From the moment we met in 1980 when I was 15. I started to feel the tears well up in my eyes. I tried to fight it off but a horrible whimper came out and I bursted into tears. People turned around to look at us, but I didn't care I had been holding in my tears for so long. I decided to let it out. He rushed over to my side trying in vain to console me. People were looking at him as he casted a few awkward smiles and put his hand up.

"She's fine, just a lot of vinegar in the pasta." he yelled out loud to the people gazing at us. "Look we don't have to talk about it anymore if you don't want to" He whispered to me. I was hyperventilating and screaming. It was the worst cry I've ever had.

"Come on love.." he patted around the table urgently and grabbed a napkin and wiped my cheeks. "People are watching and your ruining you mascara." He pinched my cheek.

".............Ok.." I sniffed and grabbed the tissue from him to wipe my eyes and blow my nose, which was obnoxiously loud. David started patting my back and looking around at the people. A man leaned in from the table next to us.

"She's lovely, but unkempt."

"I'm kempt." I retorted.

"She's kempt." David waved him off. He sighed and patted my thigh. "I don't mean to be rude love but, you have absurdly tiny feet." I blew my nose and turned to glare at him.

"Sorry..." he looked down.

"I don't even no why I even let people in. I don't know why I persist on making a moron out of myself." I said shaking my head. "Maybe I just...I just don't have the correct amount of pride." I placed the now eyeliner stained napkin on the table.

"Oh piffle, look love if I had worried about pride. I would've offed myself long ago." He said blotting my tears away with a napkin he had balled up in his hand. "I mean its pure poppycock" He smiled at me. "It's merely a despicable trick to stop us from enjoying our lives." I looked down and started fiddling with his hands.

"Oh do cheer up your beginning to look like Edith Piaf." He pinched my nose lightly, and it made me smile and scrunch up my nose.

"Look at it this way love, imagine if all the sheep in the sky stopped jumping over the fence. We'd never be able to get to sleep at night now would we." I looked around at the ground then back up to him.

"Huh?" I squinted at him.