People Let Me Tell You About My Best Friend(s)

The next morning, I woke up in one of Prince's shirts. I looked over to the side and after finding Prince wasn't there, I made my way to back to the house. I figured I had been a bit of a bitch to Hannah yesterday and I needed to apologize to her for being so mean. I searched my bag for my key and I couldn't find it. I guess I left it at Prince's place. So I knocked on the door and was immediately let in by Hannah.

"Oh thank God..." She sighed in relief. She looked tired and grabbed me by my arm and pulled me in.

"Well good morning to you too!" I said sarcastically. I shuffled inside and she shut the door behind me, and together we made our way to the kitchen.

"So where did you go yesterday?" she said through gritted teeth. I smiled and told her I was at Prince's.

"What! Why!?" She said.

"Because....I mean...hmm...I don't know why..." Which I really didn't know why. After everything we went through, I ran to him. Huh? Funny. Hannah sat down and patted the space beside her. I sat by her and looked at down.

"Look I didn't think what happened between you and Michael would happen." Hannah confessed. "I just saw my best friend hurting and I couldn't just stand by and watch." I looked up at her. Her blonde black pixie hair cut, that I wished I could pull off but my head is too big. Her almond shaped brown eyes, that I'd always trusted and her snatched eyeliner that surrounded them, I'd once tried to replicate myself (but I ended up looking like a panda). No matter how mad we were, no matter what happened, I knew I'd always have my best friend to count on.

"I know you were just trying to help, i'm sorry for yesterday." I said.

"It's alright. You were mad, love is hard especially when your young and working. I've nearly stabbed Chris countless times. Its ok girl." She laughed.

"I love my psychopath" I wrapped my arms around her neck and hugged her.

"I didn't want to see my lil baby sad, that's all." She said with a grin, and he patted arm. "But the fact that you went to Prince's place....girl." I let go of her and looked at her.

"Well I mean...I had my reasons."

"You hated him, so you went there to cheer yourself up?" She asked with a giggle. "He just dicked you down thats what it was."

"Oh shutup, we had sex once. It was pretty damn good but hey I can be friends with a guy that has seen me naked. He doesn't bring it up and neither do I." I laughed.

"Ok....can you also be friends with a guy that has seen you scream, heard you call him daddy, and seen your O-face." she stated.

"Yeah...I mean at least I don't hate him anymore he's actually really normal." I smiled a little thinking about him.

"Come on girl I know you. Known you since you were 13 singing Pink Champagne. You never hated him. You loved that guy...I could see you two were gonna be best friends from the day that you let him throw you over his shoulder and carry you out of here." I sighed, remembering exactly what she was talking about. "Now the fucking I didn't see coming, but I knew you two were gonna take a liking to each other. Do you think I'd let any guy carry you out of here, without a knife in the side of his neck. They gotta kill me first boo." I raised my eyebrow at her and rolled my eyes. I loved this chick.

"People let me tell you 'bout my best friend." she sang. "He's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy"

"Are you done?" I asked with a smile.

"Sorry. I'm done. But hey, I'm happy for you. I haven't seen that smile in a while. ."

"Thanks." I said looking down and smiling.

"And you guys probably are gonna collaborate one day. It's gonna be something huge. Y'all could win grammy's together. It'd be crazy. It will go down in history. You guys can go to eachother's celebrity events and all that. Your gonna support his next album aren't you? Because I mean if you don't he just might write a diss track" I shook my head and laughed at her.

"Of course I am." I told her reassuringly. Hannah nodded and walked to the fridge, his hands behind his head.

"Well I'm glad you got another friend because girl you was gettin' on my nerves....woo girl I can have a social life now. I hope you guys are besties for a long, long time." We both laughed and I grabbed the bag of chips off the counter.

"Girl...you know you love being around me." I said stuffing my mouth.

"And by the way we're going out tonight. Prince has a show at First Avenue." Hannah reminded me.

"Oooooh... maybe that's why he left early this morning."

"Yeah...his rehearsal's are something serious..they will last all day." Hannah said then shivered. "Even the video shoots my lord. I did the video for 1999 and Let's Pretend We're Married, they guy is such a perfectionist. I almost died from smoke inhalation." Hannah complained. I had started laughing at her.

"Hey I can feel him on that. A music video is like giving a life to a song. Like putting a face to a memory. You want people to see the music." I reminded her.

"See.." she said waving her finger at me. "You need to go chill with your best friend." I rolled my eyes and walked out the kitchen to go find me something to wear tonight.