Just A Private Joy?

The streets are glistening with the rain. It's about 4 in the morning when we pull up in front of my place. I was hugging him fiercely, mostly because he scared the life out of me because of how he was driving. I stepped off the bike and ran my fingers through my hair. It was a mess. I started walking into the house but he grabbed my waist and pulled me back towards him our faces just inches away from each other.

"See you later?" he asked

"When?" I shot back

"Why?" he furrowed his brows.

"Cause I have something to do first." I actually had nothing to do but I mean hey.

"What?" he being nosy as usual, inching closer to my face.

"A secret." I said coyly

"Tell me." he rubbed his lips against mine softly.

"No." I pulled away from him. He kicked the bike into gear.

"Come see me at 8." he said.

"I'll come see you when I feel like it." I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms. He simply smirked at me.

"Bye" I waved. He blasts off.  I watched him for a moment. Then I headed into the house. I peeked into Hannah's room and she wasn't there. I guess she was with her boyfriend tonight. I wouldn't blame her. His fine ass. I crept into my room and slid out of my clothes. I took a shower and slid on some spandex and a t-shirt. It was a Jackson 5 shirt. I felt extremely comfortable in this shirt because Michael gave it to me. I had to admit seeing Michael on it sort of broke my heart.

"Why baby why?" I whispered under my breathe. I started my usual nighttime hair routine. Section, Detangle (which took the longest), leave-in conditioner, and twist. After about 30 minutes of this my arms were tired. I put on my scarf and left the bathroom

I slide into bed and for most of the night I thought about Michael. All our good times. It didn't help that I just slept with someone else. Now I feel like I betrayed him, but for what he did the same thing to me. The more I thought about him the more tears would stream down my face. I finally fell asleep.

I woke up to a loud crash in the living room. It was 8:00 in the morning. I slowly got out the bed and opened the door slowly so it wouldn't make any noise. I heard whispering out there. It sounded like a man. If we are being robbed then I swear i'm gonna be so mad at Hannah. I moved slowly along the wall of the hallway, trying desperately not to make any sounds. When I got closer to the hallway I took a step by a vent on the ground and it creeked. Shit. I stayed still and the whispering stopped. Suddenly a hand reached around the corner and grabbed me by the throat. I screamed and swung my fists. Hoping to hit whoever it was.

"Damn, baby, hold it!  Hold it!!" he screamed. "Oh, God -- God! You broke my nose!" He had blood pouring down his face as he tried in vain to not get blood on his suit.

I saw it was Morris and part of me was thankful it was him the other part as furious because he scared me so bad.

"You little shit! What the fuck are you doing here?" I screamed at him.

"Shh! Shh! Shh! oh, Lord help me out here." I groaned and helped him up and to the bathroom. I pulled the first aid kit out the cabinet and started to treat his nose.