Oh Boy...

It's 11:25 and me and Prince cut through the back entrance of First Avenue. We walked onto the floor, laughing about the delivery guys. I had a latte in my hand and he criticized me about my coffee intake.

"I'm just saying it can't be healthy." Prince threw his hands up.

"Ok I could be pregnant, I could be doing drugs....this is my thing." I said and took a big sip in his face.

"Maybe that's why your bitter all the time."

"Nu uhhh...I used a coconut soy milk creamer." I attempted to justify myself and all he did was shake his head and walk ahead of me. I sped up to catch up to him and we walked up the steps to the stage to see Lisa and Wendy onstage playing a song, the same one they had given Prince to listen to. Well technically me but who's asking. The drum riff is provided by the Linn Machine. Which I was vibing with on the low. Prince's steps slowed and I stayed close to him but behind him. Wendy was playing the guitar, with her back to us. I wasn't paying attention and tripped over a chord which made one of Lisa's keyboards turn off. Lisa, made a face and looks up at us. I hid behind Prince.

"What's wrong?" Wendy asked stopping her guitar playing and Lisa points to Prince and I standing there. Wendy immediately rips into a guitar solo of "Little Red Corvette."  and then stopped.

"Is that better? Do you like that?" Wendy said. He ignored her and turned   to Lisa.

"Where is everybody?" Prince asked.

"You're late....they left." Lisa said as a matter of factly. Was he late to rehearsal for me?

"So what are you doing here?" He asked and Lisa immediately launches into the opening bars of another song. But it sounded like church service

"But I'm here to tell you that there's something else....our music." The girls started laughing. I could feel Prince tense up and when I looked up at him past his shoulder he was glaring at them.

"Can't you guys get off it? Can't you just leave it alone? I'm not gonna do your stupid music so get off it!" He said through gritted teeth. Wendy shoots a looks up and meets his glare with one of her own. I'm a little mad at myself for always ending up in these tense situations with him and his band.

"Yeah...we'll get off it." Wendy turns, snaps off the Linn Machine angrily, plunging the club into silence. Another damn awkward silence are you kidding me. Prince felt behind him and he touched my arm and I felt him loosen up. He turned around and grabbed my arm, which i'm taking as he decided to leave. I waved at Wendy and Lisa giving them a smile and shuffled behind Prince as he pulled me along.

He dropped me off at home and said he had to go meet Vanity for something. I internally pouted when he told me where he was going. I guess he sensed it because he pinched me on my cheek which made me smile and he left. I peeked in the house and tried to see if Hannah was asleep still. Which she was so I grabbed the keys off the counter and checked my purse to make sure the bracelet was still there. Which it was and headed to the pawnbroker.

I was gonna wait until the next day to give him the gift but I couldn't wait and it was3:30 in the morning. I struggled to get up the steps because the box is as big as me. I rung the doorbell and Prince opened it and he scrunched up his face.

"Excuse me?" he said.

"Hi!" I said peeking from behind the box. I say Prince yawn rubbing his eyes.

"You never come at a decent hour anymore do you" I shook my head and smiled. He stepped aside and let me in and I practically dragged the box behind me.

"So what was so important that you had to interrupt my sleep." He said closing the door behind me and I turned on my heels excitedly and grabbed Prince's arms and led him to the couch.

"Ok, I'm about to blow your mind the most amazingly amazing thing ever. So prepare yourself." I pulled the box over to the couch.

"Da...da..!" I sang to him and placed it on his lap.

"What is it?" Prince asked.

"Open it." I pushed to box closer towards him. He starts peeling the tape off, trying to be careful not to rip the paper. I on the other hand was bursting with excitement and helped him rip off the paper. He laughed at me and let me finish off the job. I stopped and looked at him waiting for him to open the lid. He shook it head at me and opened the lid and he pulled the paper back in shock.

"Oh, no..." He said looking in the box, the biggest smile I had ever seen come from Prince was on his face. "Awwww nooo" He pulled out a gleaming new guitar, the same guitar he was looking at in the window. He looked deliriously happy, and was speechless. I was enjoying his reaction.

"How'd you do it?" he asked strumming on the strings. I let out a squeal and I attacked him, pushing the guitar aside. I cuddled in his arms for a bit. We laid there twisted in a heap on the couch. After a moment he broke the silence.

"You done yet...?" he said chuckling. I held him for a little bit longer before letting him go.

"Now i'm done." We smiled at each other, he playfully pinched my nose.

"Here..." My eyes widened when I saw him take off his earring, I took off my Chanel stud and threw it to the ground and he fastened it to my ear. I never noticed he was wearing a hoop earring.

I jumped up and ran to the bathroom, and studied it close in the mirror. Prince walked in behind me.

"I have a pair, but I only wear one. I figured you should have one." He said standing behind me looking in the mirror.

"I love it!" I twisted around, and jumped in his arms hugging him. My legs were wrapped around his waist and he was holding me really tight. Tighter than usual.

"Promise me you won't lose it?" he asked, his tone sounded a lot more serious and sincere.

"I won't" My voice was muffled and my head was in his neck. We walked all the way to his room and toppled onto the bed. Laughing together until I jumped up, and went to his bathroom in the room. His eyes followed me.

"Come here. Where are you going?" He asked. I looked on his bathroom counter before I found a hair tie and started to pull my hair back.

"I have hair struggles" I said walking back in the room after putting my hair in a bun. We cuddled up and went to bed together. It didn't take long for Prince, so I sat there for a while listening to Prince breathe. Which was really soothing, and it made me nod off.

I felt as if I wasn't asleep that long before I heard the bedroom door open and I saw a figure creep in. I nuzzled tighter to Prince and I watched the figure edge to the opposite side of the bed. I recognized it was Vanity and I watched her silhouette move as she took off her clothes and walked over to his closet and pulled out one of his shirts. She sat in the mirror posing for a bit, licking her lips and fluffing her hair. I put my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming. I saw her edge over to his side of the bed and cuddle in behind him. I had finally come to grips that I was fucked....