My Baby Loves Me

I woke up in the middle of the night and glanced at the clock. 3:30. I jumped up silently when I noticed Prince was in my bed.

"Shit." I whispered to myself.

He was asleep. He's laying on his side, his hands gently supporting his face. I was sitting up behind him. I looked around and noticed one of his shoes was on the floor. Then I looked at his foot.

"So he does wear socks." I whispered to myself. I turned over and went back to sleep.

__________
It's not the one." I turned around and looked at Hannah.

"Honey, you've said that about every dress you've tried on. We're going out to the club not the Grammy's." I sighed  and looked back in the mirror. Prince had a performance at First Avenue tonight and of course we were going.

"Why are you trying to look so nice anyway?" She asked, waited a minute and then gasped.

"You did something with Prince."

"NO I DIDN'T" I yelled. She raised her eyebrow at me.

"Ok we made out" I sighed heavily. She opened her mouth but I shut her down "But that's it." I assured her.

"What about Michael?"

"What about him? He hasn't called me in weeks. He's not worried about me." I looked down playing with my hands. She got up and gave me a hug.

"Young love." She sighed placing her chin on the top of my head. "Well sweetheart, what happens in Minneapolis stays in Minneapolis."

"So are you getting the dress?" she asked trying to change the subject as she picked up a black skirt beside her. "Cause I think this would color suit you more."

"Whats wrong with the color white?"

"White's for virgins." Hannah stated plainly.

"What?!" I yelled at her. The sales lady coming up behind us backed away.

"It is! I mean you are a virgin. But going to First Avenue you have to looks like a vixen. Not innocent. So you have to wear black."

"I don't know."

"Stop being such a good girl for one night. Do you trust me?" I nodded slowly and she smiled and clapped like a little kid.

"I'll be back." I sat there for what felt like a second before she came back with a pile of black clothes in her hands.

"Try it on." And she left the dressing room. I walked over to the pile and picked up a black bralette, feeling the fabric with my fingers. Take a chance. I didn't dress conservative but I wasn't to drawn to the 80s porn star look either. I took it off its hanger and changed. Ten minutes later after standing in the mirror debating with myself. I walked out and stood in front of Hannah, this time in a short, black, high-waisted mini skirt and a black bralet. I looked at Hannah.

"Well."

"I knew you had curves but GAH DAMN GIRL." Hannah said jumping out her seat with enthusiasm I'd haven't seen from her the whole time I was her. I looked in the mirror again. I did look nice. Kinda like Vanity. Hannah threw my clothes at me, snapping me out of it.

"Go and get changed. I'll buy this then we can get the hell outta here and get some frappachinos!" I rolled my eyes and got changed.

After leaving the coffee shop we headed back to the house. I was staring at my hands the whole car ride. I didn't have any scars thank god. I walked in a carried my bags to my room. I looked at the floor and picked up the tape Prince had dropped on the floor last night. I remember Prince spending the night last night. But when I woke up in the morning he was gone. Which was fine by me. I shrugged and chucked the cassette on the bed.

"Jasmyn come into the kitchen right now" Hannah yelled.

"What?" I yelled walking through the hallway.

I walked in the kitchen and my breathe was nearly cut off. It was dozens and dozens of lavander roses set up around the kitchen. I looked at Hannah with my mouth wide open.

"Don't look at me Chris didn't do this." I walked closer and read the card attached to one of bouquets.

'From: Michael'

On the back it read

'Your everything this world could be to me.'

I covered my mouth in shock .

"I guess he hasn't forgotten about you." Hannah was picking up rose bouquets.
"Girl, he ain't done yet." She placed the roses down and lifted up a shiny rose gold box with a silk golden ribbon. I looked at the card and it read.
"From Michael."
"You are all the future that I desire"
I opened it up and and saw a pair of shoes. But these are just any shoes.
"I passed these shoes in a store window when I was 13. I was the opening act on the Destiny Tour that year. Me and the boys were shopping and I couldn't afford them at the time. He remembered." tears stung in my eyes. Hannah walked over and hugged me from the side.