If It's Over

We were both sitting in the kitchen at the table across from each other.

After staring into space for a while I took a loud deep breathe.

"What? Come on baby, tell me what you're thinking?" He attempted to break the tension.

"I'm thinking......." I sighed "I'm gonna order a pizza." I got up and grabbed the phone.

"Order a pizza like, 'I forgive you?'"

I turns around and glared at him. He turned away.

"Hey, can I, can I get in on that? I'm kinda hungry myself."

I glared at him for a while and finally I said "Fine.....Hi! Yes, I'd like to order a large cheese pizza."

"No spinach " he added

"With ah, extra spinach."

"That's okay, I'll just pick it off."

"Yeah, and could you please chop some up and just put it right there in the sauce?"

We sat in silence until the pizza got there and then when the pizza got there. We ate in silence. I was sitting on the counter by now.

"You can have the last piece, if you want." Michael offered pushing the box towards me.

"Well, I should think so. You impregnated someone." I hopped off the counter and grabbed it and walked into the living room eating it.

I sat down on the couch and that he sat down in the chair across from me.

"What, now you're not even taking to me?" He moved over and sat down on the coffee table "Look Jasmyn, I-I'm sorry, okay, I'm sorry, I was out of my mind. I thought I'd lost you, I didn't know what to do. Come on! Come on, how insane must I have been to do something like this? Huh? I-I don't cheat right, that's not me, I'm not that type of guy!"

I turned my head away from him.

"Y'know what, y'know what, I'm-I'm not the one that wanted this, this break, okay. You're the one that bailed on us. You're the one that, that ran when things got just a little rough!

"I was working on my career. Hannah made me go on this break, I was fucking exhausted." I said quickly and plainly.

"Okay, well here we are. Now we're in a tough spot again, jas. What do you want to do? How do you want to handle it? Huh? Do you wanna fight for us? Or, do you wanna bail?"

"I'm tired Michael ok? I'm just tired of this. All of this." I said on the verge of tears again.

He sat on the couch next to me. "Look, I," His voiced cracked. "I did a terrible, stupid, stupid thing. Okay? And I'm sorry, I wish I could take it back, but I can't. I just can't see us throwing away something we know is so damn good. Jasmyn, I love you so much." He kissed me on my shoulder, then on my neck ,then the side of my face, then attempts to kiss me on my lips.

"No Michael!!" I stood up and moved away from him. "Don't! You can't just kiss me and think you're gonna make it all go away, okay? It doesn't work that way. It doesn't just make it better. Okay?"

"Okay, okay, okay." He threw up his hands in defense.

"Michael." I said softly. "I think it's time for you to go"

"What?" he said getting up

"I really think you need to go...now. I need to take a while and forget this. All of this! I love you so much, don't think I don't."

He moved over to stand in front of me. "Okay, okay. In that message you said there was nothing so big that we couldn't work past it together..."

"Yeah, what the hell did I know!"

"Look, look, there's got to be a way we can work past this. Okay," He grabbed one of my arms and by now both of us were full out crying. "I can't imagine, I can't imagine my life without you. Without, without these arms, and your face, and this heart. Your good heart baby" He dropped to his knees hugging my waist. "and, and...."

"No. I can't, you're a totally different person to me now. I used to think of you as somebody that would never, ever hurt me this way, ever. God, and now I just can't stop picturing you with her, I can't." He stood up and backed away. "it doesn't matter what you say, or what you do, Michael. It's just changed, everything. It'll never be the same."

We sat there sobbing.

"Baby, this can't be it, I mean..." his voice trailed off.

"Then how come it is?" I looked up at him, my lips trembling, my love for him, written plainly on my face. I actually hated it. His eyes burned into mine. I looked down, trying to get away from his gaze, bite my lip trying to hold in my crying. He moved my head back to his and he leaned down and gave me the most passionate kiss. He took my breathe away. Michael has never kissed me like that before. As stupid as this sounds, The kiss almost made me forgive him. He leaned his forehead against mind.

"You and I must make a pact...." he started singing quietly. His voice horse from crying so much.

"We must bring salvation back...." I joined in my voice cracking.

"Where there is love..I'll be there..." he kissed me on the nose. "I'll reach out my hand to you." He grabbed both my hands and brought them to his mouth and place small kisses on them. "I'll have faith in all you do...Just call my name and I'll be there."

"I'll be there to comfort you, Build my world of dreams around you, I'm so glad that I found you. I'll be there with a love that's strong, I'll be your strength, I'll keep holdin' on."  I sang to him through my crying, but I had a smile on my face and so did he.

"Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter, Togetherness, girl, is all I'm after, Whenever you need me, I'll be there..." he kissed me.

"I'll be there to protect you..." I sung.

"Yeah baby..." he chimed in.

"With unselfish love that respects you.
Just call my name, I'll be there." I finished.

"I'll be there to comfort you, Build my world of dreams around you, I'm so glad that I found you. I'll be there with a love that's strong, I'll be your strength, I'll keep holdin' on." He sung to me.

"If you should ever find someone new
I know she better be good to you. 'Cause if she doesn't. I'll be there." I kissed his nose.

"Don't you know baby yeah yeah.." I started but Michael came in. "I'll be there. I'll be there. I'll be there. Just call my name, I'll be there." He walked  behind me wrapped his arms around my waist.

Just look over your shoulders honey" he pressed his smile against my ear. We both bursted into laughter. Then it hit me I gasped and pulled away.

"What?" his face dropped.

"I just realized...I love you too much to let you go, and what happened is just as much of my fault as it was yours. Yeah we have problems but I can't let it end like this. I promise I won't let my work get in the way of us. I will always make time for you an-" he cut me off my kissing me.

"That's all I need to hear." he smiled and kissed me again.