Why Are You So Obsessed With Me

Its night time. The streets are wet from the rain earlier. The same rain beating on the roof when I was at the studio. Which i'm supposed to be away from but I threw that out the window. Anyway the city is still just as live as ever. People lined in the streets waiting to get into the nearest night club. I would be too but I'm too upset. Even though Morris invited me out again, I just lied and said I was tired. I had just wrapped up in the studio for the night about two hours ago and I decided to walk alone through the city. "It's not safe." That's what was Hannah screamed at me before I left. I'll be fine. I don't plan on walking through any dark alleys or getting in any vans for candy. I just needed to think about this Prince thing. This past month has thrown me for one hell of a loop. Sure we click and everything about him was irritatingly sexy. But he's with Vanity and I'm sorta with Michael. I was just someone he could annoy to and he was my brief entertainment. That's it right? We provide each other a shoulder to breathe on. But when I was with him I always felt like I was cheating on my baby. I actually love Michael. Always have. We've known each other for years. Starred in The Wiz together. I was the Dorothy to his scarecrow. We made "Ease on Down the Road" together, were on the Destiny tour together and everything. We've basically been best friends since I was 12. I shouldn't want anything else and I don't but what he did to me is almost unforgivable. But Prince is so different. He's so funny and caring but badass at the same time. He's such a jackass but for some fucked up ass reason, I love being around him. But when he hit me I just couldn't with him anymore.

As I walked on the sidewalk of a nearby apartment complex, suddenly a pair of clothes landed on the top of my head. I stopped and ripped them off my head as fast as I could. After the horrible realization that it was a pair of women panties. I don't think I could've thrown them to the ground any faster. When I looked up to see who the hell was throwing clothes off the balcony like an asshole. I saw a man and a woman on a balcony about five stories up. Its too dark and see any faces though. I squinted my eyes thinking that was gonna help make my vision clearer. It didn't. All I could see was the woman standing in a position with both of her legs spread far apart from each other and her hands are on the rail. The man is getting her from behind. Her moans and gasps of pleasure echo in the night air with each stroke as she swings her long hair out of her face. Maybe it's makeup sex. I thought to myself.

Weirdly, it reminds me of Prince. Maybe he'd get some inspiration for a song if he saw this. I chuckled to myself at the thought. I started to walk off, trying to cancel out this chicks moaning. He must be hitting her with the works if she's screaming like that. But then I stopped when the gleam of a purple motorcycle catches my eye. It's parked in the lot of the apartment complex and it looks a lot like the one Prince has. Coincidence? I started walking into the parking lot to get a closer look. Very identical. It actually had the same symbol on it ,same as Prince's. Then I noticed a notebook. A purple one at that. I opened it and it had lyrics to some songs as I flipped through. One particular page caught my eye. I took a closer look at the page with just chords written on it. It was titled "Purple Rain" Wait a got damn minute. Purple Rain. The Lake. Prince! This is his bike. Who the hell else would have a purple motorcycle. I looked back up at the two romancers on the balcony and took a harder stare. The sound of that woman's moans started to have a more familiar tone.
Vanity. I grit my teeth and walked off. I really can't be mad. They are a couple. But fuck it I am and I don't care. He's gonna beat me one night and hitting that bitch from the back the next. I swear she was non existent when we were together.

I took a cab home and when I got there Hannah was sleep. Since he wants to play games with my emotions. I'll play games with his.
I called up Morris.

"Hello"

"Well if it isn't Jasmyn" Morris laughed into the phone.

"Hey" I chuckled. "I'm bored can I come clubbing with you guys."