Loving You

Ring! Ring! Ring! The phone rang in the living room. I set my oatmeal to the side and ran downstairs to the phone to see who was calling this early.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Michael."

"Oh hey Applehead!" There was a brief moment of silence on the other line.

"I was wondering... if you'd like to grab some brunch with me?" I got butterflies and I started smiling extremely hard. Did Michael just ask me out? I've got to be dreaming.

"Y-Yeah I would love to!" I stammered. I checked the clock and it read 8:00. Then, I heard what must have been a sigh of relief from Michael.

"Great, what time do you want me to pick you up?" he asked. I twirled the phone chord around my finger, thinking about how long it would take for me to pull my shit together and look presentable. 

"How about 9:00? Is that good for you?" I said trying to untangle my hand from the phone chord.

"Sounds perfect." I could feel him smiling his million dollar smile through the phone. "I'll see you then."

"I can't wait!" I hung up and immediately started freaking out. I looked under my arms. I needed to shave. My hair looked like a tumble weed and it's dry. So I ran upstairs and started getting dressed.

By the time 9:00 came around

By the time 9:00 came around. I was finishing up, putting on perfume, and spritzing my makeup setting spray. I heard the doorbell ring and I ran downstairs. I slowed down when I got to the door so I wouldn't look desperate. But let's be honest here.

"Wow... you look..." Michael shook his head in disbelief as I opened the door. "You look absolutely beautiful." he continued, his dazzling white smile lighting up his face. I smiled and looked down.

"Why thank you, you look quite handsome yourself." I put on my old southern accent.  He help out his arm and I took it. He led me to the car and he opened the door for me in the limo.  The paparazzi was following us as per usual. We had security walking with us as we went to a cafe. They had outdoor seating and the cutest little umbrellas propped up on the tables.

"How about here?" he screamed over the sound of cameras snapping.

"Looks great!" I said as he pulled my chair out and let me sit down.

"JASMYN!!!" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Girl what were you thinking about." Hannah said chomping on cheez-its. I stayed quiet. "It's Michael again isn't it?"