Lavander Roses

I walked a good distance behind him as he walked to the stage-area. His band members are standing around anxiously, watching the final moments of another band's performance.  He walked up he stairs behind the curtain, and turned around and looked at me. I guess he knew I was behind him the entire time. I mean both of our heels were clicking, so he could've thought they were his. But I mean Prince is pretty smart.

I flashed him a cheesy smile and held my thumbs up at him. He shook his head and gave a weary smile. Then he went to join his band. He seems so sad and its breaking my heart honestly.

I walked back out to the dance floor and the club was packed. More packed than usual. There was an intermission in between performances, and they had heavy techno music playing through the speakers. The dance floor is dense with people,all performing the same syncopated dance. I moved through the club slowly, looking for Hannah. When I finally found her she was sitting around Vanity and the girls. I awkwardly took a seat. Not only was this bad because I was sitting with Vanity but I was sitting directly in front of her.

"Honey, you still chasing after
that fool?" Brenda said.

"I'm doing what I'm doing. It's my business." Vanity said downing a drink.

"He doesn't even look at you anymore.
That's the last thing you want from a man."  Susan said.

"You just don't know him like I do." Vanity said placing her head in her hands.

"Yeah because I didn't date him in high school or anything." Susan said under her breathe.

"Honey... Look, Listen, and then Feel.  If you do them in any other order, you're headed for trouble." Hannah butted in. Brenda placed her arm on Vanity's shoulder. I on the other hand never looked up. I wanted to draw no attention to myself. But I was still a little pissed at Vanity. Bitch wanna sit her, pouting like she ain't pop out my trunk a while back. Then Matt and Bobby stroll up to our table, taking away from this sympathy party.

"Hey, Susan where's our drinks?" Bobby asked leaning against out table. He got all up in Susan's face.

"They're coming...just wait." Susan said turning her face away from him and rolling her eyes. Matt on the other hand was staring at Brenda's breasts.

"What you want isn't on the menu." Brenda said pulling his chin up with her index finger.

"Brenda, in ten years they'll be
on the table." Bobby jumped in. Susan swatted at him with her coaster. Bobby ducked and taunted her.

"C'mon, sweetness try again." While Susan was swinging at Bobby, Brenda wasn't paying attention, and that's when Matt moved in to squeeze Brenda's breast.

"Boo Boo!!" Matt said quickly and moved out the way of Brenda swinging her hand.

"Get out of here, you jerks!" Vanity yelled.

"Sweetheart ... do you have a
real hot place where I could
stick my nose?" Matt said grabbing her hand.

"Sure...try a microwave." Vanity said with a smile and then snatched her hand away from him.

"Matt, she's Prince's girl, you can't hit on her....besides he's doing all the sticking for her." The guys busted up into laughter and headed back towards backstage.