2

//author does not feel the need to leave any note in the beginning of this chapter.

//oh and yeah, you there!

the one behind this screen!

yeah you, silly!

thank you for existing<3

thou art incredibly amazing beyond compare:))

You

After finishing getting myself dressed into the Survey Corps uniform, I recalled being told to have breakfast at the Cafeteria once I wake up, but the Captain didn't exactly describe where it was. Therefore, to my disliking, I had to venture and find it myself.

I had heard laughter and loud voices located not too far away from my position, and followed the source of the said sound. At last, I had stumbled upon what I figured was the Cafeteria. Indeed it was, to my luck.

"Hey! [f/n]!" A boy with teal-green eyes enthusiastically called out to me. His bangs falled naturally into a middle-parted curtain-type style. His complexion was somewhat tan.

I pointed a finger at myself with confusion written all over my face.

"Yeah, you!" He laughed a little to reduce the awkward tension.

"Um, okay." I headed towards the table where he was seated in. He got his hand out for a handshake, which I hesitantly took.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Eren Yeager."

"Yeah hi," I said, "I'm [f/n] [l/n]."

"We know," He laughed, his friends joining in.

Screw this guy for messing with my confidence.

"Sit with us," He said.

I noticed an empty spot beside a boy who had a round face, framed by his blond hair. He also had large, expressive blue-eyes, and a pudgy nose. He smiled sweetly when I sat next to him.

"Hello, I'm Armin Arlert." He greeted.

"Hi," I awkwardly responded.

"Are you uncomfortable being with us?" A girl asked. She had chin-length black hair, and pale skin. What stood out to me the most were her calm, black eyes.

"Not quite." I responded. "I'm a tad bit unused to being around people freely this way."

"Don't worry. By the way, I'm Mikasa Ackerman." She smiled a little, "Here, have some bread. You look hungry"

"I - I'm sorry, I'm allergic to that." I discarded the meal, slightly pushing the plate of food away from myself. Not being able to handle the rotten smell attacking my nostrils.

"Ah," She took back the piece of bread, and instead, she gave it to a girl with light brown eyes and reddish brown hair kept in a ponytail that reached the base of her neck. Her bangs were slightly parted to the left, cascading down each side of her face and stopping around the middle of her neck.

She gladly accepted the food, demolishing the piece of bread in one single bite.

"Would you like a steamed potato instead, then?" Armin offered me his meal.

I smiled and shook my head, "I'm sorry, but no thanks."

"You should eat, [f/n]," Eren said, "After all, we will have training today."

"I'll just. . . Have tea." I mumbled.

"Tea?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"Oh, I can make some for you!" Armin offered. "Jasmine, or Earl Grey?"

"Neither, sorry." I took out a small plastic bag out of my pocket. It contained a few special tea packets. "Use this instead."

Without any further questioning, he grabbed a single tea packet, and got up.

He then returned with an already filled steaming cup of tea.

"Thanks." I managed to smile.

"You're welcome!" He replied.

A guy that I was unfamiliar with had invited himself to sit next to Mikasa, his face rested on his hand in a lovey-dovey manor. He had short, light ash-brown hair with his sides and back trimmed shorter and of a darker hue. His eyes were of a light brown shade.

He looked at her passionately. I even wondered if they were by any chance in a relationship.

"Armin, hope you don't mind me asking," I whispered to the blonde boy. "Who's the fellow next to Mikasa?"

"Ah, that's-"

"Jean!" Eren scolded. "When will you ever learn?"

The said male rolled his eyes, "You're just jealous that she's interested in me, aren't you, Yaeger?"

"EHH?!"

"Like hell I am, horse-face." Mikasa said in a calm tone, backing up for Eren.

"Um, they don't really get along sometimes." Armin sweatdropped with a nervous laugh. I chuckled a little at their silliness.

-----

"You were impressive," Hanji's eyes hauntingly glimmered with joy as she grabbed me by my shoulders.

"W-what?" I asked, confused.

"You're training so far has been spot-on perfect. Maybe, even slightly better than Levi's abbilities." She laughed maniacally.

"Oi, Shitty-Glasses. You're scaring the brat."

She turned her head to look at the Corporal heading in our direction.

"Hey, Levi! You should one up [f/n] here on a race! I wanna see who's-"

"I'd rather not waste my time." He said in a monotone voice.

"Eehh?! Come on~!" She whined.

"No."

Dissapointment was written all over her face, but it completely disappeared when an idea popped into her head. She grinned widely.

"I see," She said. "Someone is just scared because they had their ass kicked, huh?"

He glared at her for the statement. I found amusement from their little fight, and decided to join in.

"Looks to me that someone's just scared of getting embarrassed again." I cooed.

"Fine," He hissed. "Let's go on this fucking race. Don't regret it afterwards."

I snickered when Hanji started jumping up and down like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"It's on then, Captain."