32

THIRD.

Her cold and dull eyes met with the concerned ones across the hall. His legs didn't take a moment to pause before running towards her.

"You came for me, after all?" She asked. Her voice not as happy as he had expected it to be.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?!" A few tears spilled down his cheeks. He smiled at her genuinely. His heart tossed between relief, disbelief, joy, and guilt. He didn't care anymore. All he could do was wrap his arms around her, not caring to decide whether it was a proper gesture-- being the failure at love that he was.

"Levi. . ." His eyes met hers. Of course, he didn't let go of his firm grasp around her waist. He was too afraid to lose her.

"Yes, my love?"

The lovely [f/n] that everyone was familiar with would have blushed at such words, but the girl that was currently in the captain's arms was alas entirely transformed into a different being; mentally and emotionally. She could only take so much, and the way she was tortured-- the way she had to endure all of it, could only damage her the way it already did.

It was too late for Levi to return the old [f/n] back.

"Let's go home." She said. Levi nodded joyfully, gently picking up the person he had ever truly cared for, carrying her back to where the others were. He could see that she was exhausted, and was having a few troubles breathing.

Be well, he hoped.

. . .

The whole day, Levi sat beside her bed. He refused to leave her side despite whatever his comrades and subordinates had to offer. They all knew that it wouldn't be of any use anyway. Levi was worried sick, and taking him away for a mere second would be just as painful for everyone.

Meanwhile outside, minor wounds were being treated. Everyone gave their best, and thankfully not a single life was lost.

Kaneki, on the other hand, took quite a big blow. His fight against Ayato didn't go quite well, and lo he was left with a broken ribcage that would heal if given some time.

Levi pushed his thoughts aside, and brushed a strand of [f/n]'s hair away from her face. She was truly beautiful, and he was nothing. That was what he believed in. For [f/n] brought joy to the others around her, whether she realized it or not, while Levi only made them cower away in fear of their lives. He was not a monster. If he was, all he wanted was for love and understanding. Sadly, the world doesn't work that way; it does not grant our wishes so easily. And even if it did, then there would be no point in living.

[f/n] grunted. His eyes fell back to her. She was probably having another horrible dream of Yamori and how he had tortured her.

Levi didn't know what to do.

Then, a knock broke him away from his thoughts.

"I already made it clear that no one is allowed to visit until [f/n] is up and feeling well." He monotonously said, not giving a single flying fuck about the person behind the door.

They decided to leave without any arguments, which was good for Levi.

As long as she was good, so was he.

Oh did he even mention how very very glad he was to be with her again?

He even promised himself that when she'd wake up he'd give you flowers that he already had Eren go to town to fetch for him. They were [flower species], her favorite. He knew this from when she once told him about flowers from the book she had with her in the Underground City.

What else did he do?

Ah, yes, he made sure the entire building was to be cleaned by the other cadets from every inch. He wanted the place to be sparkling. He didn't know what would impress girls, so he thought that perhaps what made him pleased could have the same affect on her.

He sighed, realizing that the next expedition was already been permanently planned to be operated in around a week-- which didn't really matter to him as of now, albeit he worried if your condition would ne suitable.

Levi's attention was brought back towards your resting figure. He brushed a strand of hair from your peaceful looking face, and couldn't help but put up a genuine smile that you couldn't even witness in your state. You were here. In his arms. And that was all he ever needed.

"I love you. . ." He said, barely a whisper, laying his head on your chest. Slowly, he began to daze into a deep slumber.

--

EDIT: that's it. no more chapters. that's where i left off. are you going to die? will you end up getting together with levi? will he die? what about everyone else? you'll never find out. you're welcome. goes to show how much of a jerk i am.